Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-09, 08:45 PM   #1
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Angry Gaaahhhhhh!!!

I went fishing today at my local pond and the fishing sucked.... i fished for almost two hours and didnt catch crap..... i threw a spinnerbait really slow and killed it after every couple cranks but that didnt work... im thinkin b/c the water was too cold and the fish were shut down.... then i threw a shallow crankbait but it was too shallow and i was pulling up crap.... so then i threw a texas rig for the rest of the time ( small weight with a zoom finesse worm that was junebug)..... i got the same fish to peck at it with two back to back cast but it couldnt get it in its mouth... so thats how the day was

the water temp was probably 47 or right around there.... the water was warmer two days ago (Sat) but on sunday the water got colder and it was realy windy so the water temp droppped...... the water clarity was about 2 feet...... um there was a slight breeze

i have always had success at this pond and it is a chain of ponds but i have always caught fish there on a wacky rig and recently i have been struggling but have caught some fish on texas rig... so is the fish getting harder just because of the water temps or am i doing something wrong....

ps: i have caught fish here for years but i usuall go with my friends and they only want to go when its warm but now that im really getting mega adicted i need something to keep me calm between tournaments

pps: please post what you think i should throw with whatever else you want to say

thanks for all the help

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.