Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-06, 12:52 PM   #1
Stingray13
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Fishin Ky lake this May

Greetings fellow fishin-nuts! This is my first posting on the site and I feel like an ugly chick on Prom night! Knowing I won't get any action...just glad to be here! No offense intended!

I'll be back in the good ol' United States this spring and I plan on fishin KY. Lake. Has been a while since I've been there and the last time I had marginal success. Can anyone help me with some locations/bays to hit and maybe some Spawn info about that time? Favorite lures/colors wouldn't hurt either!! I know it's alot to ask, but I only fish the Lake once or twice a year and I need help!
Stingray13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-06, 09:58 PM   #2
trigr
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I would try Johnathan creek. Its a good creek to fish even though its a well known spot. I also like fishing blood river. I forget the name of the dock up blood but its a real old dock and has some very good fishin.
Old 03-15-06, 10:35 PM   #3
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Welcome to the nut house, and enjoy yourself. Where you coming in from? I really can't help you out on KY lake. Fished it a few days with little success. There are however some folks like trigr who do fish it.

Lizards
Old 03-15-06, 10:36 PM   #4
Stingray13
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Hats off to TRIGR

Thanks TRIGR. I appreciate the info. I'll do a map recon of the area and will plan on hittin it!
Old 03-15-06, 10:39 PM   #5
Stingray13
BassFishin.Com Member

Comining back from Iraq. Hell of a place, but not my kinda fishin hole!!
Old 03-15-06, 11:23 PM   #6
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray13
Comining back from Iraq. Hell of a place, but not my kinda fishin hole!!
Thought that would be the answer. Just know that I appreciate all you are doing, along with your fellow soldiers. Stay safe, and keep your heads held high.

Lizards
Old 03-16-06, 01:13 AM   #7
K-Driz
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to K-Driz
Default Forget Jonathan Creek

There are some good fish there in Jonathan creek, but not a lot. That place's bass get destroyed all year long by crappie fishermen. Try out the long rock quarry point at the front of Pisgah Bay on the LBL side for smallmouth and for largemouths, hit the laydowns after the quarry point in the back half of the bay before you get to Hillman Ferry campground. There are usually some fat bass back there come May.
K-Driz is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.