Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-08, 03:51 PM   #26
ROBZILLA
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
I'd bet money it was by someone other than a fisherman. Either skiers/kneeboarders/slalomers or jet-skiers.

It was actually a drunk woman!
Old 01-04-08, 05:17 PM   #27
bassnman30

WallSteetAmigo,
Iv'e got a similar type boat (basshunter) that your talking about. I fish it in a city lake with no ramp.The pressure on the fish is low and the big fish are numerous. One time I caught five that weighed apx. 25 lbs.
The main thing is learning where to fish, for the first several trips I had no clue but now I'm with the program.
Old 01-04-08, 07:04 PM   #28
WallStreetAmigo
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassnman30 View Post
WallSteetAmigo,
Iv'e got a similar type boat (basshunter) that your talking about. I fish it in a city lake with no ramp.The pressure on the fish is low and the big fish are numerous. One time I caught five that weighed apx. 25 lbs.
The main thing is learning where to fish, for the first several trips I had no clue but now I'm with the program.
That's a great stringer bassnman!

That's why I like where I am, although I do curse not having launches some mornings and evenings..... Bass fishing is not overly popular up here, and the lakes I fish are not too heavily pressured. My personal best day was 21 LM Bass. The top 5 weighed about 18 lbs.......not bad for a relative newbie!
WallStreetAmigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 11:43 AM   #29
reddrooster
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
i use the rope trick to get my boat off the trailer. i then tie up to the dock -if possable- then park the truck.. if i am fishin with the boys i either let one of them back it in or if i am early i free slid it.. thats just launching the boat no rope no nothing. and catch a ride from one of them out to my boat..

zooker
When launching my 21ft Skeeter alone, I just undo the bow wench about 5 turns so it doesn't slide off. Then I back it down to the desired depth, unhook the strap, climb aboard and drive off to the pier or beach it. It's a little heavy for the "rope trick". The EZloader has an extra safety strap that hooks to the bow. I forgot to unhook one time and it works just like it's supposed to, it won't launch if still connected.

Oh yeah...Always prep your boat BEFORE you back on the ramp. I have seen many times people start getting their boat ready AFTER it's on the ramp. Mostly skiers and family fun types. Loading coolers, etc. Most fishing types know better.

Last edited by reddrooster; 01-06-08 at 12:56 PM.
reddrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 05:03 PM   #30
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddrooster View Post

Oh yeah...Always prep your boat BEFORE you back on the ramp. I have seen many times people start getting their boat ready AFTER it's on the ramp. Mostly skiers and family fun types. Loading coolers, etc. Most fishing types know better.
don't get me started with that bull sh!t i see it every frickin time i go fishing..

zooker
Old 01-06-08, 09:43 PM   #31
reddrooster
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
don't get me started with that bull sh!t i see it every frickin time i go fishing..

zooker
Didn't mean to get your BP up zooker ! I think it's worth repeating when the chance arrises. I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere here before but I gotta say it....in hopes that maybe more people will start being "ramp courteous".
reddrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 09:52 PM   #32
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddrooster View Post
in hopes that maybe more people will start being "ramp courteous".
yeah right!!!

i have nearly got in fights at boat ramps..wonder why i fish at 2am in the summer huh??

zooker
Old 01-08-08, 12:48 PM   #33
Fish2win

Its not the regular fishermen that are such butt heads. It some old fart that goes out 1 or 2 times per year and is lost. WHats even worse is once they finally load the baot and launch the engine wiont start so the set on teh ramp another 15 ro 20 min trying to understand that the gas they left in it last year is rotten.Fish2win
Old 01-08-08, 01:58 PM   #34
zooker

we were loading my buddy's boat this last summer on falls lake-ledge rock ramp-. i put the trailer in to the right depth my buddy was heading for the trailer when this moron pulls in the same ramp hole with a huge ski boat. he hits the trailer and then proceeds to unload every thing in the boat.. here we are in the buziest ramp on this lake, at 4 pm on a saturday.i waited 40 mintues in line as they were loading 6 at a time to get to this weigh in..bet your azz he got cussed slap out-several times-. i am just glad i don't go to falls very often..

zooker
Old 01-09-08, 07:31 AM   #35
1FASTLASER

Lately Ihavent had to deak with the people that are like that . Not because they aint here just because I usually fish the smaller waters. Wgen Ihad the family in North Arkansas and tried to launch at eithe Bull Shoals or Norfork I run into again and again and did I mention again, As stated they should have everytting ready before getting in line but as we al know there always has to be a A##HOLE in every crowd. It just seems that we as fisherman on the busier lakes run into more than our fair share and when I do it just infuriates me as to the ignorance and no respect type of people
Old 01-10-08, 04:39 PM   #36
BLWeng

Send a message via AIM to BLWeng

Quote:
yeah right!!!

i have nearly got in fights at boat ramps..wonder why i fish at 2am in the summer huh??

zooker
Thought maybe cause you're not married and have nothing better to do. lol.

I'm not the die hard fisherman that i wish i was, and i fish rivers mostly. But even i have seen some really stupid people. Alot of times, the people that have the biggest, baddest boat really don't have a clue how to load it. Goes to show that all the money in the world can't buy brains. When i first put my boat in the water, i had a hard time loading it in rip roaring current. Unfortuately, there really isn't any way to practice loading it without probably pissing someone off. Sounds like a pretty good part time job....loading boats onto trailers.
Real good advice on here. Be safe

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.