Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-07, 09:53 PM   #1
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Stren Potomac

Tournament starts on Weds . Hope that I catch enough to make the Sat finals. River has been difficult lately. Should do well enough to get a check. Been catching 10lbs+ for the past two weeks every time out. Not a big limit but enough for the co-angler division.
Old 07-17-07, 07:48 AM   #2
bassthumb32
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

My Cousin Is Going To Fish It As A Co-angler I Would But I Dont Have The Money Right Now. I Hate Being A Co-angler It Seems Like A Gamble To Me. Cause I Can Be On Top Of My Game And If My Angler Sucks And We Arent On Any Fish It Doesnt Matter How Hard I Fish.
Old 07-17-07, 09:58 AM   #3
Captmikestarrett

Had a call last night from a gent who needs a tourny tune up for Aug 4th so I will pull a double on the worst fishing day ever Saturday..

Way too much traffic so it will be fun..

3dkicker he is in your club..

Capt Mike
Old 07-17-07, 10:26 AM   #4
3dkicker

Saturday will be a nice day since only 10 boats make the finals and most other tournaments bail on that day due to the fishing pressure during the week. Other than pleasure boaters, I'd expect that you'll have a good day on the water.
Thanks for meal recommendations. I'll snap a few photos to post.

Gone Fishing!!! Be back online in a few days.
Old 07-17-07, 08:42 PM   #5
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Good fishing.

Lizards
Old 07-17-07, 08:52 PM   #6
BassAddict

Good luck 3D! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

My brother and I bombed on our James tourney Sat. 5 fish that went 7.41. That was only good for 55th place out of 114 teams. My dad and his partner fished 7th (11.75). He caught a 5 lb kicker with 30 min. left. Should have stuck to what I've been doing instead of going for the home run. Oh well. We'll get em Aug 14th!

Eric
BassAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-07, 10:12 PM   #7
3dkicker

Thanks.
Got a chance to get online so I thought I'd post an update.

Day 1 - fished grass for most of the morning and picked up first keeper on Baby-1 and things slowed down from there. Caught three and missed one and weighed in under 4lbs.
Day 2 - Stayed in Mattawomen and fished grass all day long. Got two on topwater early and then fished for hours without a bite. Cloud cover combined with outgoing tide turned the fish on and we got into a good group of fish. My partner caught a 4+, 3+, and a couple 2's to finish with over 13lbs. I picked up two more keepers and missed one and finished with just under 8lbs. Senko's and floating worms in holes in the grass was the key and we could have caught more but a nasty T-storm rolled across the river and made a mess out of everything.
Capt. Mike - We shut down George's tonight....they ran out of food and closed up as we were finishing our dinner. Very good place to eat!!!! Thanks for the heads up.
Currenty I'm in 62nd place and have a shot at winning some money tomorrow. Got to go and pack up my gear.
Later
Old 07-22-07, 06:33 PM   #8
3dkicker

Final standings 55th out of 173 co-anglers. I was disappointed in my results having lost three fish, one each day, and any one would have put me in the money. Learned a few things that I'll share with those who are interested. Just let me know. I heard that 63 mph winds were reported on the river during the thunderstorm on Thursday and 3 boats were sunk and many more swamped. One of the Erie guys said it was just like home!!! I was fortunate as I was fishing with one of the Erie guys, Joe Balog, and we were already near the ramp and didn't have to run the river. 4 to 6 foot waves were reported too.
Spent a lot of time fishing next to the eventual winner, Bobby Lane, in Chickamuxen creek on the third day. Counted 28 boats in the grass bed. My partner, Jess Caraballo, said that they started with just 3 in the bed and a few more outside it on the first day. Seems that even at the pro level that guys still can't find there own fish. Now that is very disappointing.
Old 07-26-07, 09:07 AM   #9
BassAddict

I've seen the Potomac get violent before. We had our Regional there a few years ago in October and on day 2 the wind was howling. We stayed in Mattawomen (with 2/3 of the field) till 12:00 and decided to pack it in. We were the points champs that year and had an auto birth in the National Tourney so I didn't care to get beat to death that day. It was rediculous. I love that place though and will be fishing it next season with FOM.

Sorry you didn't do as well as you planned. The co-angler is really at the mercy of the pro though. I'd be curious as to what yall did.

Eric
BassAddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.