Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-05, 08:31 PM   #1
abugarcia6
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default sponsorship?

i saw some guy on here talking about being sponsered? how do you get sponsered? just enter competitions and do good and people find you and sign u up? or do u send in things to different companies?
abugarcia6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-05, 09:05 PM   #2
KH.
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

his name is fish on. hes the same age as me 14.he enters tourneys.then a company sees him and sponsers him and gets him in those comps. for no charge. all he must do is win.or do well.its not a major company like strike king or zoom, its smallers companies,one is assalt and onother is alluring
Old 11-07-05, 09:13 PM   #3
abugarcia6

yeah...thats what i was thinkn...im 14 too...i culdnt imagine bein sponsered for fishin that wuld b awesome if u went pro...u culd fish for a living lol
Old 11-08-05, 09:17 AM   #4
flachristopherkeene9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Fishing for a living isn't all that its cracked up to be. Never be around your family, low money, always on the roads, etc, etc, the list goes on.

Chris
flachristopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-05, 09:18 AM   #5
flachristopherkeene9

I would rather be a guide to fish for a living.

Chris
flachristopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-05, 01:30 PM   #6
bassthumb32

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

i have a cousin thats a pro and another cousin who is turning pro either this year or next. he said its great but unless you are a big name and do well all the time its really hard. hard on family hard on money. its hard to believe but i cant imagine a person could be much better of a fisherman then they are.
Old 11-08-05, 01:59 PM   #7
Fish On

Send a message via AIM to Fish On

Quote:
Originally Posted by abugarcia6
i saw some guy on here talking about being sponsered? how do you get sponsered? just enter competitions and do good and people find you and sign u up? or do u send in things to different companies?
You sure your ready for such a big step. It's a ton of work and if you do something wrong your sponsors know it.
Old 11-08-05, 02:04 PM   #8
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Give enough boat business to a boat shop and they may sponcer ya, at least pay for your entry fee to get in, once you do better they may let you take a used ranger out , sometimes with their name painted on the side or on the motor, from their you may get some to pay for you gas expenses..from there its a huge step that someone will pay you to fish with advertising monies..that doesnt happen to much at local levels..
most sponcers I have talked to will give you two years to prove yourself.
Your best bet is to get several small endorsements from tackle producers, wear their shirt with patches etc, and go from there.
Its not to hard to get a entry fee donated if its just at a local level..under a 100 bucks.it also pays off to have the local papers sports writer to do some stories on your catch and a profile ...to get your name out there...good luck!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-05, 02:15 PM   #9
Fish On

Send a message via AIM to Fish On

If you actually want it PM me and I will give you my number. I will help you out. If you are out there for freebies and etc. good luck in the business. I have tons of companies ask my sponsors about me.
Old 11-08-05, 05:25 PM   #10
pig n jig

I want to be on the cover of the Rolling Stones, gonna buy 5 copies for my mother. Wait, thats a Dr Hook song. Hey, Becareful out there. No thats from Hillstreet Blues. Aw forget it. Bearpaws had a sponsorship I liked.You send him $25.00 and you got a hat saying your sponsored by Bear Paws and a couple of packs of baits to boot.Thats as close to the rat race I wanna be. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-05, 06:01 PM   #11
abugarcia6

nahh i dont wanna go pro...shoot im only 14 and the biggest fish ive ever caught is 6 lbs..but i think thatd b cool fishin for a livin if it wasnt a problem with wut chris was talking about up there
Old 11-08-05, 06:48 PM   #12
KH.

i rather be somethin else,next year,when the show the classic,most of the time those fisherman do something else too
Old 11-10-05, 08:44 PM   #13
Fishie

I think it was Randy Howell or someone who said that he had to eat nothing but Peanutbutter and Jelly for like a couple of years before he went pro. Takahiro Omori they said slept in his truck every tournament before he started doing good. If you can get to the top it is awesome but there are a lot of varibles mainly money involved I believe in the process.
Old 11-10-05, 10:34 PM   #14
KH.

many pros dont have a career earning of 1,000,000 $ YET

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.