Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-07, 10:30 PM   #1
islandflyfisher
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to islandflyfisher
Default 1,000 Largemouth/Peacock in 316 Straight Days of Fishing!

I have caught at least one fish everyday for the past 316 days. My streak includes 5 permit(1 on artificial), 9 bonefish (2 on 4 lb test and 4 on fly), 6 tarpon (1 on fly) and 2 snook (on fly). It includes 46 species and 2,484 fish!

Today I hit the 1,000 largemouth/peacock mark, and passed it.
I caught 633 largemouth (77 on fly), and 377 peacock (220 on fly) during the streak.

This fish was only 6 ounces, but it was # 1,000!

Here are SOME of the best of the streak.

4 pound 15 ounce peacock on 4 weight

5 pound largemouth on spin

My first snook on fly

A double header by myself

7 pound bonefish on fly

A double header on 6 lb test with my dad on a different day

10 pound permit (on a day when I caught three; biggest permit was 11 pounds)

My biggest largemouth on fly at 3 pounds 8 ounces

15 pound barracuda on 10 pound test

4 pound largemouth I caught on a piece of bread

islandflyfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-07, 10:33 PM   #2
texasbasser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to texasbasser

man.... I HAVE to go fishing with you.. Congrats on all the fish, and great ones they are.
texasbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-07, 12:07 AM   #3
hackattack

you have no idea how jealous I am, bro. Keep it up with the giants.
hackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-07, 08:39 AM   #4
crankybait
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

WOW that is just fantastic. You actually made me go to advanced reply instead of the usual fast reply just to post this:
Old 04-05-07, 09:57 AM   #5
Recon8541

it would appear young grasshopper is learning well!! Keep up the great work youngster, You have already accomplished more than may who are several times your age!! I gotta go fishing....i cant let this kid whip me hehehehehehe!!!

Good job!
Recon
Old 04-05-07, 10:06 AM   #6
Snake2715

Wow,

That is great... Do you have aspirations of something related to the water and or fishing? Or is it just a hobby with Dad?
Old 04-05-07, 10:12 AM   #7
K-Driz

Send a message via AIM to K-Driz

Congratulations! That's a lot of fish. Your skills are running on F (full, like a gas tank). Also, however ridiculous it is that you caught a bass on "bread," it is still amazing since you've taken the unconventional and made it work. Good job and keep the big'uns coming.
K-Driz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-07, 10:39 AM   #8
Nitro911
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

316 straight days of fishing? You have no idea how jealous that you have made a bunch of people.

Great job on both the streak and the number and species of fish caught. When I grow up, I wanna be you!
Old 04-05-07, 12:07 PM   #9
islandflyfisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Driz View Post
Congratulations! That's a lot of fish. Your skills are running on F (full, like a gas tank). Also, however ridiculous it is that you caught a bass on "bread," it is still amazing since you've taken the unconventional and made it work. Good job and keep the big'uns coming.
I was fishing for a bream to throw at the bass because the bass wouldn't hit an artificial. It came up and ate the bread. My theory is that because there are a bunch of bream at the spot, he thought the bream were going to bust the bread and anticipated that the bream would eat it. I caught it on a size 12 hook!

Thanks guys!
Old 04-05-07, 04:53 PM   #10
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Congrats, that's a very great job indeed. I would like to know if these fish are from the same location, or are you fishing many different spots? In other words are you fishing the same canals or are you going out and fishing bigger lakes/rivers? And different locations where you don't know the lake or haven't ever fished it before.

Lizards
Old 04-05-07, 05:37 PM   #11
betursweetbass

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass

I don't care where he's getting from, but I know for a fact, I'm suffering from a bad case of peacock envy.....
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-07, 06:32 PM   #12
islandflyfisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardsrule View Post
Congrats, that's a very great job indeed. I would like to know if these fish are from the same location, or are you fishing many different spots? In other words are you fishing the same canals or are you going out and fishing bigger lakes/rivers? And different locations where you don't know the lake or haven't ever fished it before.

Lizards

That 4 pound 15 ounce peacock was the first fish I ever caught out of that spot. I try new spots a lot. I fish a ton of different spots. If your question is did I catch the same fish over and over again then my answer is that I might have caught a few fish multiple times, but I can rarely tell. There is a fish that I know I caught more than once. It had some markings on its face and every time I caught it they were healed a little more. I almost always fish neighborhood lakes/canals, but that doesn't mean that they are in my neighborhood.
Old 04-05-07, 06:42 PM   #13
mack

wow..nice job..congrats...
mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-07, 07:19 AM   #14
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandflyfisher View Post
That 4 pound 15 ounce peacock was the first fish I ever caught out of that spot. I try new spots a lot. I fish a ton of different spots. If your question is did I catch the same fish over and over again then my answer is that I might have caught a few fish multiple times, but I can rarely tell. There is a fish that I know I caught more than once. It had some markings on its face and every time I caught it they were healed a little more. I almost always fish neighborhood lakes/canals, but that doesn't mean that they are in my neighborhood.
Please accept my apologies if I came across badly(apparently I did). I was more interested in locations of different bodies of waters you might have fished. Let me expand on this a little. When living in Indiana I had access to a private 250 acre coal pit. I learned the lake like the back of my hand and almost always caught 20 bass or more when fishing it, and upwards of 50+. I would fish it a awful lot, and could usually catch fish in certain spots, and then would catch some in new spots. But the lake was a gold mine for me and bass. Not everyone who fished this lake did as well as I did, but it took me 1000's of hours to learn it. Now when I go to bigger lakes, I don't do near as well. There is more pressure, less fish, and all new locations I have to find. Now I have caught 20 bass in a day more than a couple of times, but I can't gaurantee it everytime out, and I can get skunked once in awhile. What I was leading up to was where you fish, and your knowledge of this body of water will make all the difference in the world as to how you do on any given day. That was not to diminish any accomplishment you have, in any way. So if you took offense again my aplogies, none were meant, what you have done is spectacular no matter where or how you got it done.

Lizards
Old 04-06-07, 01:07 PM   #15
islandflyfisher

That makes a lot more sense. In answer to your question, I definately know the water in my neighborhood extremely well. I learn more about it everyday. If you have noticed, the numbers of fish I have posted have gone down, but the numbers of big fish have gone up. I changed my focus. I realized that by fishing everyday I have an extreme advantage over anybody else that fishes most of the bodies of water I fish. I check new bodies of water sometimes and add the good ones to spots I check.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.