Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-07, 02:06 PM   #1
Kawabuggy
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Microfuse Fluoroscent Glacier Blue

Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase this line?

Anyone have any 1st hand experience that would care to comment on it?
Kawabuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-07, 02:28 PM   #2
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Take a look at this, Kawa:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...esults#reviews

I know the guy that wrote it, and he won't steer you wrong.
Old 10-09-07, 08:27 PM   #3
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Bass Pro would have it. even the small Gander Mountain we have near us carries it (although in limited lb test and size spools.) I would think you could find it at cabela's also.
Old 10-10-07, 12:59 PM   #4
Kawabuggy
BassFishin.Com Member

Bigbassin-I like the '69 in your icon.. Daytona Yellow? What size motor?

I have a '69 SS with: 383 stroker, 10.5:1 compression, hydraulic roller cam but I'm running solid roller lifters on it Comp Cams HR-110, T-56 6 speed manual trans from a '93 Camaro, Corvette 13" rotors on the front, with the Corvette (PBR dual piston) aluminum calipers, 4th gen Power brake booster-it's a dual diaphragm booster that is much smaller than the original in diameter, 4th gen Camaro rear disc brakes, Deluxe Houndstooth interior (black w/white check pattern), 4" cowl hood, 12 bolt posi (factory Eaton unit) w/3.31 ratio, Center console with factory console gauges, Taurus electric fan (2 speed) set up, Aluminum reverse rotation water pump, late model serpentine accessory set-up, 18" X 8" Boyd Coddingtons all the way around, 1 1/8" front sway bar, 7/8" rear sway bar. The list goes on, but this is a fishing site and I'm sure I have already bored people to death.

Needless to say-these cars are awesome to roll around in. The thumbs up that you get from everyone always puts a smile on my face.
Kawabuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-07, 08:57 AM   #5
Lancer6
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawabuggy View Post
Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase this line?

Anyone have any 1st hand experience that would care to comment on it?
Why, yes. I'll be happy to comment on it, but this is a family forum.
Let me tone it down, then, for general audiences...

It's CRAP!

Thank you, and goodnight.

Lancer6 has left the building.
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-07, 09:16 AM   #6
Lancer6
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Follow-up addendum: My purpose in purchasing that ^$%@! was to finally have a superline that would fluoresce, ala the original STREN(TM) under both UV and daylight. Being able to see the line and thus perhaps detect bites was the attraction.
The stuff WILL fluoresce some extent but it has so much memory in it that your line looks like a Slinky Toy from rod tip to water (and beneath) unless you are throwing a crank, spinnerbait, or anything else that imposes considerable tension on the line. Ergo, for slow presentations of soft plastics, jigs, or for fishing Stinkos or fluke, you lose all tactile contact with the bait. I doubt one could detect any but the most aggressive bite on a worm.
OK, so you could use it for spinnerbaits, as an example, but there's no need for visibility with a moving lure. Game over!
If you want a more visible braid you can use yellow TUF-Line braid and see it well enough in daylight.Soak it in chartreuse tail DYE (NOT DIP!!!) and it will fluoresce under UV to sufficient extent. Be certain to "refresh" the DYE (NOT DIP!!!) periodically.
Here's how to do that...
Strip a cast's worth of line off the spool. Using an eyedropper apply chartreuse dye (NOT DIP!!! unless you want a spool full of bubble gum,) until the line is saturated. Reel about a third of the line back on and repeat the eye-dropper dealio. Repeat until all the braid has been thus treated...let dry, then repeat the whole shebang.
Do NOT do this over yer mom's carpet floors OR over the kitchen tiles or linoleum. This is best done using the lighter colored braids but even works on the darker ones, such as P-Line Spectex.
If you want more visibility with your fluoros do the same with them. leaving the last ten feet or so undyed if you are concerned about visibility to the feesh.
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.