Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-10, 10:39 AM   #1
John Neves
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Curado E question

Hey fellas

I got the Curado E earlier in the year as my first baitcaster and I love it. I have one question, what are the little green brake caps for? They appear to have a larger diameter but are they for tossing heavier or lighter stuff?

Thanks!

John

Last edited by John Neves; 05-20-10 at 10:53 AM.
John Neves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 11:30 AM   #2
islandbass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Those are different brake shoes that you can use altogether or in combination with the other brakes.

Unfortunately, I can't remember which ones provide more or less braking than the ones stock on the rule, but I would guess that the bigger looking the shoe, the more braking power it is going to have. This does not necessarily mean it is for heavier lures, because heavier lures are in actuality easier to cast and don't require much braking.

Out of the box, the stock shoes should cover most needs. I have not seen a need to use the greens or reds yet.
Old 05-23-10, 07:27 PM   #3
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I think you will find the greens will work better for most applications.They are a little heavier weight which allows you to throw most different weight selections well including lighter lure weights. Lighter centrifugal weights cast heavier lure weights well but not so well with lighter lure weights. The weights control the starting spool speed, with heavier wieights the line is casted off the spool as fast as the spool can turn from momentum of the lures weight.The lighter lure weights pull line off at a slower rate of speed allowing the spool to turn faster or over run the amount of line being taken off during the cast , thus the reason most people use the green weights. I hope this helps.If I lost you, let me know,sometimes I have difficulty typing what I want to say.

Last edited by pig n jig; 05-23-10 at 07:38 PM.
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.