Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-07, 08:31 PM   #1
steven
BassFishin.Com Member

Default how do i put line on a baitcasting rod and how do i use it

i need to know how to use a baitcasting rod and to put line in it!
steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-07, 09:15 PM   #2
texasbasser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to texasbasser

To use it, takes practice... Whne yoy have your lure tied on, adjust the knob on the side until the lure falls slowely to the ground with the spool open (line can come out)

To put line on, thread line through the eyes, then the line guide, around the spool, and tie a knot. Clip the excess line and wind in, usnig your hands to give it some tight tension.

tb
texasbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-07, 12:32 PM   #3
cdubya
BassFishin.Com Member

my spool looks like so: http://www.fishdelta.com/reviews/images/pflueger2.jpg (same brand) what I do is run the line from the tip of the rod all the way down through the guide (small peice at the front of the reel that has a hole in it about the size as the first eye on the rod) then through the holes in the spool and loop the line around the reel once. I then tie a slip knot w/ two wraps and cut the excess line from the knot(not the line that's still attached to the spool to the free line) then reel the reel and a moderate speed with damp finger tips to keep tension on the line and not burn your tips.

as far as how to use it. what i do is tighten the brake on the right fairly tight and then work my way back.. slowly. It's better to have line barely come out than to have a birds nest. Continue to make small adjustments until you get as close as possible to your desired cast and then fine tune w/ the left adjuster. (This is assuming you have a right hander reel if it's a lefty just reverse the brake order) Hope that helps. Also remember not to "sling it" baitcasting reels once adjust are very easy to cast and not much effort is required to get your lure out there. Power casts can and will actually cause you more problems than good.
cdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-07, 10:51 AM   #4
fishing man
BassFishin.Com Member

the best way i learned how to use a baitcaster is that i put my magnetic brakes to maximum, and then i just went and fished. you wont beable to cast very far, but when you learn how to cast it better then you lower the magnets and just practice.
fishing man is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.