Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-10, 11:02 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Gettin out in the morning C:

Hey gang, I took tomorrow off. It's going to be cool in the morning, upper 50's. Supposed to be mostly sunny and a high of 80. Would rather have overcast skies, but I'll take it. Hope to get into more wild and crazy bassin!!! I've cut wayyyy back on what I'm taking with me. One medium size tackle bag, Five rods, and only the lures I know I'll need plus a few extra for "just in case". I was going to only take 4 rods, but my gut feeling told me I better take five. Usually, I'm hauling 8 or 9 rigs along. One lunch bag and camera and I'm all set. Amazing how much room you can have in a small 12 foot jonboat when you only take the bare esentials. Well, ok, maybe not the BARE essentials, but pretty darn close for me, lol. Should make fishin simpler and maybe more enjoyable. I'll let ya know how I do tomorrow.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 12:35 AM   #2
Ground Pounder
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Keith, don't forget to tie on a double-zulu if you find 'em bustin' the shad again! KVD says it's a "magic lure", hahaha!
Ground Pounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 07:24 PM   #3
keithdog

Well put in a 12 hour day. I normally don't stay out that long. But glad I did. The bass were chasing small baitfish again but most of the time the schools I saw were not shad. Last week they were killin the soft jerkbaits, but this week they were eatting the Excaliber poppers again. They would come up and take a swipe at the jerk bait, but attack the popper with vengence. It was slow the first 6 hours. I sated at 5AM and by 1PM I had only 6 bass to show for it. Super bright sunny skies and light breeze made for a tough day. Even the shad were not making themselves known. But at 1PM the old pattern returned as the bass started busting schools of baitfish. Between 1PM and 5PM I probably caught about 25 bass. Glad I stuck around as I almost called it quits at noon.
Old 08-28-10, 08:35 AM   #4
bamabassman

keith..........you KNOW how i feel. hahahahaha. glad oyu had fun out there man. i am going sunday morning on guntersville. gotta get the shop wired today.
Old 08-28-10, 09:00 AM   #5
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
keith..........you KNOW how i feel. hahahahaha. glad oyu had fun out there man. i am going sunday morning on guntersville. gotta get the shop wired today.
Good luck Sunday pal! Check your batteries today! LOL Oh, and be sure to post some pics of the big ones Lisa catches.
Old 08-28-10, 09:48 AM   #6
Bassboss

Sounds awesome keith! Sounds like it'll be a great day, good luck!
Old 08-28-10, 10:39 PM   #7
bamabassman

keith lisa ain't going with me pal. i asked her, she said no. cuz i am going to GUNTERSVILLE! and it is raining now, so she don't wanna go. i can't post pics remember? but IF and i mean IF i catch anything i will send you a text pic of it.
Old 08-29-10, 08:19 AM   #8
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
keith lisa ain't going with me pal. i asked her, she said no. cuz i am going to GUNTERSVILLE! and it is raining now, so she don't wanna go. i can't post pics remember? but IF and i mean IF i catch anything i will send you a text pic of it.
Lookin foreward to seeing that pix! Good luck buddy. And send that rain up here, it's not rained here at my house since early july. It's so dry!!! I have cracks throughout my yard a half inch wide.
Old 08-30-10, 02:42 AM   #9
pheel8
BassFishin.Com Member

looking forward to trying out my new lure! I spent about 10 hours on it today and trying different things on my big bass in our fish pond out back. Then I found out my goldfish was missing :'(
pheel8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.