Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-06, 11:00 PM   #26
flamez
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

ive been lurking around is all havnt really posted only been fishin like a few times a month when my friend comes down even though east lake is literally right across the street a very short walk to launch the yak but east lake was drained so the bank could be redeveloped from what ive read i use to be up to my neck in water about 500 feet off the beach which has well swampland to the right of it but now its up a little past my waist i cant even fish the lilly pads and bullrush anymore just a really tough time gotta get a fishfinder and look for offshore cover i guess
Old 08-13-06, 12:49 PM   #27
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I have never had any problem with kayaks before yesterday. I was fishing a new lake to me and running a 12 foot break about 100 yards off the shore when this guy paddles within 15 feet of me. I was drop shotting and concentrating on the line so I didn't see him until he as right there. He just looked at me and I didn't pay attention to him, but what the hell was he doing right there? Although that wasn't as bad as the ski boat that cut between me and the shore. I was only about 75 feet from shore and I saw this guy coming and wondered where the hell he was going, then he just cut right through. A$$hole.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-06, 12:57 PM   #28
bassnman30

I've personally found that 90% of pleasure boaters show respect for those that are fishing. Granted it's the 10% that ruin it for the rest.
Old 08-13-06, 12:59 PM   #29
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

within that 10% the alcohol related incidents are usually the origin of the trouble up here...skiers, etc
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-06, 12:26 PM   #30
Fish2win
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Jb what you are aluding to is that there seems to be a double standard between Bass boats and all other craft. Maybe it is the speed but double none the less. Here is an example.
I fished a night tournamnet 2 weeks ago at Norris. During the night a couple in a float boat rammed the side of one contestants bass boat. It did extreme damage to the bass boat. The bass boat was on a point with the legally requried lights setting still. Nothing was in the paper at all.
Last Saturday night a bass boat struck a houseboat at Cherokee during a night tournamnet. One man in the bass boat was killed and a total of 4 were injured. Head lines. Bass baots strikes house boat 1 killed. They failed to mention that the house boat was sitting in open water with absolutely no docking or running light visable at 2:00 AM.
Most of the tournament fishermen that I know are extremely well versed in boat operation and are very safe.
Regardless of the type boat stupidity can be universal and water and alcohol dont mix.Not all Bass boaters are reckless or drink just like all pleasure boaters are reckless or drink.But the general public thinks the good ole boy bass boaters are always at fault. Fish2win
Old 08-15-06, 01:06 PM   #31
pig n jig

http://www.alstechnologies.com/products/als1200.htm
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-06, 09:36 PM   #32
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassintom View Post
i hereby give notice...I HAVE DECLARED ALL OUT WAR ON KAYAKERS!..no prisoners.
today i was fishing a nice weed bed between shore and a dropoff.here comes two kayakers,a man and a woman..as they get nearer i said "could you please go around me"..the woman starts to go around me and says to the guy.you want to go around the fisherman?..he says(exact words)"F*** him"....his name in RYBECK and he lives in glen gardner,n.j....he was driving,get this,must have been a 1957 olds PICKUP!kinda like an el camino i never saw one before.it is red and white.the plate # is GG X WAGON. i reported him to security at the ramp and got all his info.from what i understand it is against the law to harass fishermen..i will be filing a complaint against him with fish & game.
i am so p***ed right now.i told the security guard if he wasn't there that b****** would have four flats and a broken windshield.
There was no 1957 Olds pickup. However, if you're into bigger rigs, "REO" stands for Ransom E. Olds, the man for whom Olds was named.
RIP, 98s, 88s, Starfires, and 442s, you were great!

FR
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-06, 10:13 PM   #33
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

i wasn't sure of the year..my 2nd grade teacher had a convertible that looked like this pickup..maybe more like a 59 or 60..it was an olds pickup..had the fins like the car.and that massive chrome and steel bumper and grille.
i was in 2nd grade in 1960.
did i mention the name again...RYBECK..glen gardner,n.j. #1 a**h****...yes R Y B E C K...
Old 08-17-06, 08:05 PM   #34
IL.bassin

Send a message via Yahoo to IL.bassin

Well Tom you'll appreciate this little story.

A couple years ago my buddy bought a brand spankin new Skeeter. Pretty boat big 225 Merc. Anyway the first day he got it he called me to go to the lake with him. He ran the crap outta the thing for awhile then we decided hell it's a bass boat lets fish.

We pulled up to a little spot on the North end and started beating a bank when all of a sudden 2 dudes in a canoe came paddling right in front of us. Now this lake was impounded in 68 and I was born in 70. Some of my earliest memories in life were fishing this lake with my granddad. Needless to say I think I own the dang thing. Well one of the guys politely informs me "This isn't a very good place to fish" I ask "Why". "Well me and a few of my buddies camp here nearly every weekend and we have for almost a year, there will be a couple more canoes coming in a minute" I then say "Buddy it's a heck of a place to fish" He then replies in an angry tone" Like I said theres gonna be a couple more canoes coming it's not a good place to fish" Well me being the nice guy I am I apologize for the inconvinience and tell the Canoers that we'll go down the road they can have their spot. The guy never even said thanks and gave me a rather triumphant look. I then told my buddy who is even a nicer guy than I am that I know another place and asked if I could drive his new boat. He said sure no problem. I fired the Merc up and just as I turned the boat I said isn't there a stump right here? "I don't remember a stump he replied" "Yeah pretty sure it's here" I said. So I trim up the motor as my friend looks at me all stupid. I put the boat back in gear and smashed down on the hotfoot. Those canoe guys didn't have a dry stitch of anything. Not clothes not sleeping bags nothing. Needless to say they werent happy. They were screaming and cussing and throwin rocks. I shut the boat back off stepped up on the back deck and politely said " You know this isn't a very good place to camp alot of fishing traffic through here"
IL.bassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-06, 09:42 PM   #35
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

thats a good one mike..unfortunately the reservoir i have most of these problems at is electric only.otherwise i would have sank a few already.
one guy reported me for throwing stuff at him?????i told the guard..yeah,i keep a pile of rocks in my boat..jeez! what the hell would i throw?rods,reels,tackle??they anit worth it.they are not only rude and inconsiderate..but stupid also...did i mention the a**h***?R-Y-B-E-C-K...glen gardner,n.j...just so we don't forget.
this is the same car my 2nd grade tacher had

the car this guy had looked just like this but it had a pickup bed.it's a '58

Last edited by bassintom; 08-17-06 at 10:05 PM.
bassintom is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.