Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-07, 04:25 PM   #1
DRBASSMAN
BassFishin.Com Member

Default A Message Of Hope For All Bass Fishermen

IF YOU'RE A BASS FISHERMEN, YA GOTTA HANG IN THERE AND HAVE HEART. I've been a serious bass fisherman for more than 40 years and it's happened to me several times. You know exactly what I mean. . . . you have the biggest bass on the line you've ever hooked and then - OCRAP! - something happens and it gets away. Last year I was fishing a private lake and lost a real hog that I had pulled off a submerged tree, about 13 feet down. It cut my 8-pound test line on my trolling motor prop after one helluva fight. I saw it when it jumped several times and I estimated the fish to be easily over 10 pounds. Every time I've gone back to that lake I've fished that same damned submerged tree, hoping to meet up again with my "fish of a lifetime." I went back there on July 26th of this year...and landed a 12 pound 6 ounce bucketmouth off that same damned tree!! It was 28 1/4" long.....It had to be the same one that I lost last year in the identical spot ..... MIRACLES DO HAPPEN!! I caught it with one arm (my non-casting arm) strapped to my side due to rotator cuff surgery, and it was only 2 days after my surgeon said I could go fishin" again, after being laid up since May 15th. As of today, it is the biggest Largemouth caught in this state (Virginia) so far this year and I'm sittin' in 1st place to get the state's "Largemouth Bass Angler of the Year Award."
THEY DID AN ARTICLE ON ME IN THURSDAY'S EDITION OF OUR NEWSPAPER. IT'S KIND OF A NEAT STORY. HERE'S THE LINK TO THE ON-LINE EDITION OF THE NEWSPAPER.

GO TO:

http://www.goochlandgazette.com/index.php

WHEN YOU GET THERE, CLICK (UNDER THE NEWSPAPER'S BANNER) ON "SPORTS"

WHEN YOU GET TO "SPORTS" YOU'LL SEE MY PHOTO. THEN . . .

CLICK ON THE CAPTION UNDER MY PHOTO ("CATCH CAUSES BASS HYSTERIA") TO READ THE ARTICLE.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.