Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-08, 04:00 PM   #1
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Snake lures

I thought I would break the snake conversation out of the bass bed thread and place it under a heading that can be easily found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhotographer06 View Post
i'd try throwing one with a spinning reel... idk seems i can get just as much distance with anything else with a spinning..
I do use a spinning rod with them. It is amazing that the snakes are so dang heavy and yet they still float with a 4/0 or 5/0 wide gap hook in them. I have been told that you just have to be patient. Very slow retrieve around cover. The videos on the website show the bass hitting in open areas. That has not been the case the few times that I have fished them.

I plan on trying them in July in an area at Lay Lake with a lot of lily pads. There are a few good private slews (sp?) that we are going to fish with some people from our church. If the website is correct, I plan on winning the big fish prize.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-08, 05:26 PM   #2
doc

I really like the action of the snakes, but a lure that is hell to cast, or that doesn't cast that accuratly is kind of broken. It is the stretchy material they are made out of that makes them hard to cast. Another alternative to these that casts better and is cheaper is a large worm. Use a foam earplug and glue it to the worm, bam you have a floating nice casting snake.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-08, 05:30 PM   #3
Fishnngolfn

Maybe they would be easier to cast with a heavy action rod? I don't know. My thoughts are that big bass spook easily. That's how they got so big in the first place, right? You either have to sneak up to the spot or cast from a distance.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.