Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-08, 11:25 AM   #1
Jd4lfe
BassFishin.Com Member

Default 15 HP Mariner... Approx. 15 hrs

Hey everyone... I just went to look at a 14ft aluminum boat. The motor he has is a 15 HP Mariner. The guy is asking $1500 for boat/trailer/motor.
Its a nice boat. The guy doesnt know the year of the boat, and he doesnt really remember when he bought the motor( he bought it new ) I would say its probably about 10 years old. Afriend of mine said that if the boat ahs a plug, it shouldnt be more then 20 yrs old ? i dont know how true that is, but this boat did have a plug. The only hang up is he has NEVER winterized the motor. He leaves it on the boat all year round.
Now with that being said. The motor looks brand NEW... he took the cover off and there was no signs of oil or anything that shouldnt be there.
he has had the boat out once or twice this year i think he said and when he started it for me, it fired ( VERY EASY ) on the first pull.... gave it some throttle and she ran ( to my knowledge ) like a top !!!!!! I couldnt hear or see anything out of the ordinary ! He estimated about 15 hrs on the motor. I havent had a water test butI think the motor is in really good condition. He just changed the bottom end oil too !!!

I dont know guys ... what do you think ????
Jd4lfe is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.