Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-13, 06:17 PM   #51
nobass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

most hotels have internet avaiable computers in the lobby i use them to view bassfishin and my email. it is free and it works
Old 01-18-13, 07:47 PM   #52
Abbeysdad

Great news Bama - good luck!!!
Ditto on Carhartts and make sure to wear layers...T-shirt, flannel shirt, hoody, jacket...for warmth and to strip down to the right layer.
That looks funny, but you know what I mean.
Old 01-18-13, 10:10 PM   #53
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

billy...you got it bud. i'll let you know, but like i said...i'll be working 6 days SOMETIMES 7 days a week. 60-70 hrs a week takes a toll on a man my age,lol. mule, it's not DIRECTLY for the railroad. i'll be on a crew replacing rails though.

i can't wait gang. called to day to see what is happening, was told the reports ahven't gotten back on the drug test and the background check.

i am HOPING they didn't find THIS site, BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! if they find out what a bunch of loonies i am a part of they may NEVER let in. hahahahhaa!!1ya'll know i am kidding of course.

going to go shopping for some coveralls real soon. carharts are gonne be wha ti get. boots will probably be either red wings or leehi (if i can find leehi) i dunno, seen some in BPS catalog that look really good. 2000 grams of thinsulate sounds toasty, lol. i'll see. gonna order some better thermal underwear too. underarmour (?), or osmehting made for NORTHERN areas. may wait and shop when i go up there. still debating on that.

also i am trying to get things done around here. straighten up and put things away you know. going tomorrow to visit my parents and have a celebration dinner. so i'll be out of pocket mos tof the day tomorrow.
Old 01-19-13, 01:44 PM   #54
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
billy...you got it bud. i'll let you know, but like i said...i'll be working 6 days SOMETIMES 7 days a week. 60-70 hrs a week takes a toll on a man my age,lol. mule, it's not DIRECTLY for the railroad. i'll be on a crew replacing rails though.

i can't wait gang. called to day to see what is happening, was told the reports ahven't gotten back on the drug test and the background check.

i am HOPING they didn't find THIS site, BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! if they find out what a bunch of loonies i am a part of they may NEVER let in. hahahahhaa!!1ya'll know i am kidding of course.

going to go shopping for some coveralls real soon. carharts are gonne be wha ti get. boots will probably be either red wings or leehi (if i can find leehi) i dunno, seen some in BPS catalog that look really good. 2000 grams of thinsulate sounds toasty, lol. i'll see. gonna order some better thermal underwear too. underarmour (?), or osmehting made for NORTHERN areas. may wait and shop when i go up there. still debating on that.

also i am trying to get things done around here. straighten up and put things away you know. going tomorrow to visit my parents and have a celebration dinner. so i'll be out of pocket mos tof the day tomorrow.
Definitely get some UnderArmour base layers. Their's really some science behind the technology behind them keeping you dry which keeps you WARM! Learned about it chemistry!
Old 01-20-13, 10:18 AM   #55
bassfisher
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I know we don't know each other, and most likely will never meet, but you were there for me when I needed a shoulder to lean on while my father was in the hospital for all those months. I'm so glad that you might be getting a great job real soon. That has to be very exciting for you, would be for me if I had been looking as long as you have for great job.

As always I'm the last from this forum to say my piece. If you have a army surplus in your area, try them for your longjohns and other outerwear, they always great warm stuff to buy, and it's inexpensive to boot.

I wish you and your family all the best life has to offer my friend!! If you're ever in my area, please call me. (I'll be pming you my information once I write this) May God keep an eye on you and yours when you are away from home!

Harold
bassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-13, 12:26 PM   #56
bamabassman

thank you SOOOO much harold. and yes i plan on hitting the army surplus stores REAL SOON. lol. i KNOW they have the liners for gloves and long handles that will help me.and they are CHEAP.

i am scaired, excited and ready to go, lol. new area for me. but i like the iedea of seing places i ahven't been to. i love to see new places and such.

and you harold are now in my phone and book. hahaha, careful fro what oyu wish for my friend. you just might not like it. hahahahaha!!!

seriously though, i thank you formt he bottom of my heart man.

ia m jsut REDY TO MAKE SOME MONEY. HAHAHAHA!!!! got a LOT of upgrades to do to the house, yard, autos and of ocurse the RAJUN CAJUN. lol!! may take me all year, but i am ready to get started.
Old 01-22-13, 06:11 PM   #57
coldbasser
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Congrats on the Job
I live in the great white north
-45 degrees this week with the wind chill feet and hands must be kept warm 100 % wool
for socks one pair on only. Leather outer and wool liners mitts are the best
continued Good Luck
Old 01-22-13, 07:52 PM   #58
bamabassman

thanks coldbasser !!!

iw as EXPECTING a call today, but didn't get it. waiting for the background chech and drug screen to ocme in. then they are supposed to make me an offer. i hate waiting, lol.
Old 01-22-13, 11:50 PM   #59
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
thanks coldbasser !!!

iw as EXPECTING a call today, but didn't get it. waiting for the background chech and drug screen to ocme in. then they are supposed to make me an offer. i hate waiting, lol.
You aint been near my shed have ya?
Old 01-23-13, 10:10 AM   #60
Abbeysdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4 stick View Post
You aint been near my shed have ya?
And that's why second hand smoke is so dangerous!!!!
Old 01-23-13, 10:45 PM   #61
bamabassman

OK GANG.....GOT SOME NEWS.......I PASSED!!! probably start training this coming monday. i ma now certified (i know,i know...lol!) ALABAMA D.O.T. CLASS B CDL DRIVER.

so, they will call me tomorrwo and tellme to report in monday most likely. got some trainging to do, take a test drive, then probably go out to work afterwards. probation is 90 days. then the benifits start. so my little "vacation" is over with....for now anyway. lol!

as i stated earlier, lisa nd i want to thank everyone for the prayers and well wishes and for helping us in this time of dire need. oyu folks here made it so much better in more ways than you'll EVER know. those of oyu whom i DON'T have an address for, send it to me in a pm PLEASE. if i am in OYUR neck of the woods, you jsut might get a call form me. remember this though, i'll be working 6 days maybe 7 days a week....10-14 hrs a day, so i may not be able to do more than meet for a lunch on sunday,lol.23 days out, 1 week home. gonna be new for me, since i have NEVER done this before.

and remember, i won't be able to text nor talk while out on the job. i know SOME of oyu will be relieved, hahahaha. but i WILL make up for it.

again, THANK OYU ALL!!!!
Old 01-23-13, 11:18 PM   #62
keithdog

Good things come to good people who are patient, and what you were hoping for is now yours. Congrats my friend. And you better call me if you ever get up my way! I'm gonna miss all those txt messages next fall when the Irish take over first place again! haha
Old 01-23-13, 11:40 PM   #63
nobass

great news john.wishing you the best in your new job. what is a alamba class 2 cdl. trade mule for bike
Old 01-23-13, 11:51 PM   #64
Bassboss

Hope you enjoy your new job John! Glad you passed all you tests... you make me wonder sometime!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.