Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Favorite Frog?
SPRO Bronzeye Frog 2 66.67%
SPRO Brozeye Frog Jr. 1 33.33%
SnagProof Bobby's Perfect Frog 0 0%
Scum Frog 0 0%
Mann's Superfrog 0 0%
SnagProof Original Casting Frog 0 0%
Other ---give examples 0 0%
Voters: 3. This poll is closed

Old 07-01-08, 03:32 PM   #1
frogfisher
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Topwater hollow body frogs

I own a SPRO Bronzeye Frog, a Scum Frog, and a Bobby's Perfect Frog. The Bronzeye and Scum are both green while the Bobby's Perfect Frog is Black. Anyone have ideas on how to fish these in lily pads on a small lake. I usually just throw them past a hole in the pads and bring it up to the hole and let it sit for a little while and then twitch it and repeat.
frogfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-08, 03:40 PM   #2
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

A lot of times throwing on a pad and twitching it on the pad, then pulling it off and letting it sit next to the pad will get you a stike, other than, I think you're doing pretty well. Although I don't fish frogs much, but there are some on here that do, so wait and you'll get plenty of answers.

BB
Old 07-01-08, 07:14 PM   #3
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Early in the morning after you cast let the frog sit for 30 to 60 seconds. Try to land it on a pad. After is sits slowly pull it off into the water and let it sit till the ripples disappear. If there are other pads close by repeat the above. As the day goes on you might want to vari the above. I usually speed up the retrieve after it warms up. If you are able, use a zig zag pattern instead of just retrieving straight back to where you are standing. If you do that use a slower retrieve with slight pauses. If you get a blowup and haven't tried to stick the bass let the frog sit. The bass will think the frog is stunned. Also if you are having trouble hooking them hold your rod at the 11 or 12 o'clock position. That way when you have a strike and the frog disappears you can reel in the slack while you lower your rod and slam him.
Old 07-01-08, 07:19 PM   #4
pignjig

Bassinbob- That's great advise about the rod position. It almost forces you to wait to set the hook. Well put.

-Pig
pignjig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-08, 08:29 PM   #5
MrPhotographer06
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrPhotographer06

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbob View Post
Early in the morning after you cast let the frog sit for 30 to 60 seconds. Try to land it on a pad. After is sits slowly pull it off into the water and let it sit till the ripples disappear. If there are other pads close by repeat the above. As the day goes on you might want to vari the above. I usually speed up the retrieve after it warms up. If you are able, use a zig zag pattern instead of just retrieving straight back to where you are standing. If you do that use a slower retrieve with slight pauses. If you get a blowup and haven't tried to stick the bass let the frog sit. The bass will think the frog is stunned. Also if you are having trouble hooking them hold your rod at the 11 or 12 o'clock position. That way when you have a strike and the frog disappears you can reel in the slack while you lower your rod and slam him.

yeah awesome info on that position its kinda de da de logic on that cuz other wise you will just try and reel it.. this way you have to set it
Old 07-01-08, 09:17 PM   #6
mariner
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pignjig View Post
Bassinbob- That's great advise about the rod position. It almost forces you to wait to set the hook. Well put.
sure is, that is a good idea
Old 07-01-08, 10:06 PM   #7
frogfisher

thanks a lot appreciate the help
frogfisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.