Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-07, 09:00 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Whattaya think about this???

Gotta tell this story real quick. Had me scrathin my head. I was doin a little castin for bass off the shore at a local lake in a good sized bay. Off to my right I see a pontoon with two men and a gal heading my way into the bay, powered by a trolling motor. They only allow trolling motors in this lake. I've seen this pontoon before parked at a dock on the other side of the lake. So I figure these three are out for a pleasure ride on a nice saturday afternoon. Except for the one guy is hanging over the side of the pontoon holding onto something. So there I am watching these three when I see what looks like a whale being towed behind the pontoon. Ya don't see many whales being towed here in Indiana. Anyways, as they came closer and passed in front of me, I could see they were towing what looked like a tree trunk about 20 foot long and a good 24 to 30 inches wide trailing behind, held to the pontoon by a very suprisingly thin piece of rope. Huh I said to myself. What the he**? Eventually they came to the end of the bay and cut the tree trunk free from the pontoon and kinda pushed it towards shore. I say kinda, because it was more like they were being pushed by the tree trunk instead of doing the pushing. I've been back there a couple times, and that thing is still there all alone. It does not appear to be an effort to make good fishing habitat, especially considering all the downfalls already in the bay. I guess they were just disposing of this trunk in the cheepest way possible and contributting to the environment at the same time. But I gotta tell ya, it was a rather odd thing to see, LOL.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-07, 08:23 AM   #2
mont_lunker_hunter
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I want to know what kind of trolling motor they had and what kind of batteries. Must be a heck of a good setup to troll a pontoon boat across a lake while pulling a log that size.
mont_lunker_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-07, 03:32 PM   #3
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

keith
they were putting in a brush pile.. odds are there was a heavy weight- cinder block- attached to the base of the tree..

see jon boats don't normally come equiped with a crappie brush pile..

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.