Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-06, 08:15 PM   #1
Denny_K
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default fishing university

I taped the show called Fishing University,They were gonna talk about a Hawg Shad...sounded interesting.I watched it today when I got home from
work and was shocked at how stupied and how ignorant this redneck was,sounded like he did not make past the 2nd grade.He was a real GEM!!!!....trust me.DONT WASTE YOUR TIME ON THIS SHOW.Someone should have showed his dad how to put a condem on
Denny
Denny_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-06, 08:57 PM   #2
basstech

So what is a "Hawg Shad" ?
Old 02-03-06, 12:54 AM   #3
Fish2win

That guy is Charlie Ingrim. He is from Chattanooga TN. He is a long standing BASS pro that has qualified for several clasics.He started that show a few year ago with the sponsorship of Solar Bat and Honda.He does come across a little backward and his shows are usually just a couple of guys out fishing. They rarely catch any real quality fish on the show. Charlie as a pro is on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being best a 6. His show is a 3. I knew him back before he became a movie star. Whats a country boy from the south doing making films in Yankee land anyway. He grew up fishing Chicamauga, Guntersville , Nickajack and Wheeler. Those are some of the best smallmouth lakes in the country. He lives within a 3 hour drive of Pickwick, Dale Hollow Norris or South Holston and he wants to make movies in places up north that he never heard of.DUH. That would be like Tony Bean leaving Dale Hollow to make films in Ohio. Fish2win
Old 02-03-06, 11:06 AM   #4
Kickin Bass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Kickin Bass

I kind of enjoy watching Fishing U ...
Kickin Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-06, 11:22 AM   #5
betursweetbass
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass
Default Live and Learn

Charlie Who? Yeah, I've heard of him, and yes he is a bit of a "good ole boy" but he is a good bass fisherman, personally, in my book, anyone who has been on the pro tour has got my attention when they have something to say. I've seen his shows, and yes, some are a bit bland, but hey, its better to watch good ole charlie, than to watch really stupid shows like American Idol. Charlie's alright in my book, I like him, but then again, I'm a bit of a good ole boy myself.
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-06, 11:37 AM   #6
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Ol Charlie Ingram, been around a long time.
Those lakes you mentioned smallmouth heaven, if you think they are great lakes, you need to smallmouth fish up at Erie sometime and get those 4-6 lb football shaped smallies...lota fun!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-06, 09:05 PM   #7
Fish2win

Yes Charlie is ok. His shows are not very exciting but like someone else said they beat Law and Order or American idol. He also does some hunting shows. His shows lack the professional production that other have, Like I said they are entertaining, Have some educational value. He is obviously more popular in the North than the South. He toured with the B.A.S.S. Bass Fishing University at one time in the 80's. His shows are like two guys that go fishing . Like maybe two of us He is not however a 'Good Ole Boy". he is proudly an Appalacian American. Fish2win
Old 02-03-06, 11:03 PM   #8
Fishie
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

You think he asks about stuff on his show cause he doesn't know... he is just making a show come on guys.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.