Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-09, 02:42 PM   #76
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Glad I missed this thread for a few days. I don't condone what the man did, I love my dog he is a part of the family, but because those are my views doesn't mean those are everyone elses views. If we were talking about pigs would this argument be as heated? Pigs are smarter than dogs, and some people love them and raise them as housepets. It is an animal just like a dog, why can we kill one and not the other? because it's what acceptable in our culture. Look at dogs and cats in china their on the menu, should we put all chinease people in jail?
It's not the fact that he killed dogs. It's the WAY he killed them. If there was an underground illegal pig-fight ring, I'd feel the same way. Especially if the losers were killed in the same way as these dogs were, by tying a rope around their neck, throwing it over a tree limb, and hoisting them off the ground till they quit kicking. Or by slamming them into the ground over and over.
If he wants to kill a dog, I don't really care. If he wants to torture and abuse a dog, that's when I start to care.
Old 08-18-09, 03:26 PM   #77
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleJaw View Post
hey now bcklash,they stood a chance in 1971,77,92 & 93 ,95

i think they're due for another one..........yea Im optimistic,lol
But Jerry Jones wasn't their coach.
Old 08-18-09, 03:39 PM   #78
WaffleJaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
But Jerry Jones wasn't their coach.
jerry jones bought the cowboys in the late 80's
so his hand has been in the pot awhile (making bad decisions i think)
Im assuming you have no faith in phillips?

Im not a fan of jerry jones....(alot of dallas people arent)
Old 08-18-09, 04:13 PM   #79
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
It's not the fact that he killed dogs. It's the WAY he killed them. If there was an underground illegal pig-fight ring, I'd feel the same way. Especially if the losers were killed in the same way as these dogs were, by tying a rope around their neck, throwing it over a tree limb, and hoisting them off the ground till they quit kicking. Or by slamming them into the ground over and over.
If he wants to kill a dog, I don't really care. If he wants to torture and abuse a dog, that's when I start to care.
Hog dogs in training, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dysyw..._embedded#t=13 I also picked pigs as an example on purpose, check out a video on how they make pork rinds, and tho they are getting away from it now due to animal lovers one of the best ways to remove the hair from a pig would be a live scalding of the pig.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-09, 04:52 PM   #80
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Yeah...I have to admit, all debate of vegetarianism ends when I hear some bacon sizzling in a pan. Pigs' intelligence is only exceeded by their yumminess.
Old 08-18-09, 09:40 PM   #81
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleJaw View Post
jerry jones bought the cowboys in the late 80's
so his hand has been in the pot awhile (making bad decisions i think)
Im assuming you have no faith in phillips?

Im not a fan of jerry jones....(alot of dallas people arent)
He's made 2 good decisions in 20 plus yrs.
1-hiring Jimmy Johnson, but then Jimmy got to popular
2-getting rid of TO
Old 08-19-09, 04:44 PM   #82
flbassman

My .02, got in late lol. A man who abuses any animal, especially an intelligent animal like a dog is no real man. If Michael vick, or muhammad Ali, or the weird kid down the street were to touch any of my dogs, they'd recieve a thorough *** whoopin. That said, if they touched my truck, they'd get a slightly less passionate *** whoopin. But if they were abusing their own dog, I'd walk over and beat their ***. That's how I was raised. You stand up for those that can't do it themselves, little guys, women, the handicapped and animals. Everybody around vick is just as guilty as he was. He's a big dude, but he's not immune to a stern talkin to, or if that fails, an axe handle upside the head. And everybody here who's stood by while somebody gets picked on, or somebody is pokin a caged animal is just about as guilty as mike vick. Hypothetically though, in the case of my dogs, after the *** whoopin had been dished out, it'd be about over. And vick got his whoopin and took it like a man. He did his time, ate a big ole plate of humiliation, and lost his money. And now he wants to play football again. Let him play. He's not dogsittin for me, and I probaly wouldn't let my kid go to his house, but he's only what you make him. I make him a football player, not a role model. Your tv has an off switch. If your kid turns into a dogfighter, it's your fault, not vicks.
I personally wouldn't mind if vick took some extra hard hits from dog lovin linebackers, but I don't think he should be banned bottom line.
Old 08-19-09, 09:37 PM   #83
woody

That's what is missing from today's culture, a good *** whoopin!

~Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-09, 09:52 PM   #84
Backwater Charlie
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I agree with Donald Breland, the guy deserves to have a second chance. Now if he screws up AGAIN, then we'll have a problem. It's a DOG FIGHTING. No one is raping/killing/stabbing/choking anyone else. It's a DOG. Sure I love my pets, but I would never put them up to a human's life. We, humans are the KING of the food chain. WE should be considered the most important life form on earth.

And Michael Vick did have an exceptionally strong arm and quick feet. His accuracy poor. Comparing him to Joey Harrington is about accurate.
Old 08-26-09, 02:56 AM   #85
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flbassman View Post
My .02, got in late lol. A man who abuses any animal, especially an intelligent animal like a dog is no real man. If Michael vick, or muhammad Ali, or the weird kid down the street were to touch any of my dogs, they'd recieve a thorough *** whoopin. That said, if they touched my truck, they'd get a slightly less passionate *** whoopin. But if they were abusing their own dog, I'd walk over and beat their ***. That's how I was raised. You stand up for those that can't do it themselves, little guys, women, the handicapped and animals. Everybody around vick is just as guilty as he was. He's a big dude, but he's not immune to a stern talkin to, or if that fails, an axe handle upside the head. And everybody here who's stood by while somebody gets picked on, or somebody is pokin a caged animal is just about as guilty as mike vick. Hypothetically though, in the case of my dogs, after the *** whoopin had been dished out, it'd be about over. And vick got his whoopin and took it like a man. He did his time, ate a big ole plate of humiliation, and lost his money. And now he wants to play football again. Let him play. He's not dogsittin for me, and I probaly wouldn't let my kid go to his house, but he's only what you make him. I make him a football player, not a role model. Your tv has an off switch. If your kid turns into a dogfighter, it's your fault, not vicks.
I personally wouldn't mind if vick took some extra hard hits from dog lovin linebackers, but I don't think he should be banned bottom line.

DANGER! Foul language song....(not real bad though)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzU9FgNTYrU
Old 08-26-09, 08:14 AM   #86
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4 stick View Post
DANGER! Foul language song....(not real bad though)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzU9FgNTYrU
1/4 stick that was great.
Old 08-26-09, 09:13 AM   #87
flbassman

That cracked me up haha

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.