Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-09, 05:43 PM   #51
WaffleJaw
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Man Matt is pathetic....If he cant handle a few hard punches than I hope someone else gets a shot...whether Kimbo or whoever..
Well just have to see.....Maybe its because its heavyweights,but man they get winded fast it seems
Old 11-12-09, 06:01 PM   #52
Fishnngolfn

They do get winded fast. Lesner and several others already in the UFC would kill most of these guys.

Last night's fight should have definitely gone to a 3rd round. Not that I think the outcome would have changed but both those guys should have been given a 3rd round.

One thing I think should be considered when replacing Matt is the guy who lost last night, Justin Wren. His name should be in the mix when considering fighters who should get a second chance. At least he has won his first round fight.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-09, 06:10 PM   #53
WaffleJaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnngolfn View Post
They do get winded fast. Lesner and several others already in the UFC would kill most of these guys.

Last night's fight should have definitely gone to a 3rd round. Not that I think the outcome would have changed but both those guys should have been given a 3rd round.

One thing I think should be considered when replacing Matt is the guy who lost last night, Justin Wren. His name should be in the mix when considering fighters who should get a second chance. At least he has won his first round fight.
I agree with both statements....I thought Justin was doing great against Roy.....Until they got tired....Im pretty sure thats why they didnt do a 3rd round..It would have been a repeat of the 2nd....Only slower.
Old 11-19-09, 05:08 PM   #54
Fishnngolfn

Quote:
My prediction for next week is that Brendon Schaub wins by arm bar.
I was wrong on the arm bar but correct on who won.

Next week:

Sadly Roy Nelson will beat Justin Wren in what I will call an upset even though Nelson has more experience. I just don't think he is that good.

Marcus Jones will win regardless of whom he faces. Most will call it an upset. I think he has raw talent. Marcus will do very well with more coaching. I actually think Marcus will make it to the finals.
Old 11-19-09, 05:50 PM   #55
doc

Quote:
I was wrong on the arm bar but correct on who won.

Next week:

Sadly Roy Nelson will beat Justin Wren in what I will call an upset even though Nelson has more experience. I just don't think he is that good.

Marcus Jones will win regardless of whom he faces. Most will call it an upset. I think he has raw talent. Marcus will do very well with more coaching. I actually think Marcus will make it to the finals.
Roy Nelson has the honor of being the most boring fighter i've ever seen.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-09, 09:34 PM   #56
Fishnngolfn

Well... Kimbo is not making the semi's but he is fighting during the finally. He is fighting Alexander. That should be interesting because Alexander likes to stand up and hit like Kimbo does.

WaffleJaw... I PM'd you my address so you can send the lure.
Old 12-07-09, 12:08 PM   #57
WaffleJaw

Quote:
Well... Kimbo is not making the semi's but he is fighting during the finally. He is fighting Alexander. That should be interesting because Alexander likes to stand up and hit like Kimbo does.

WaffleJaw... I PM'd you my address so you can send the lure.
Chris the lure will be mailed out today...I had to get a new snap for it

Well looks like Roy Nelson is the new ultimate fighter (shaking head) I didnt like anyone of those guys so I guess I really got nothing to complain about.

Kimbo looked great against Houston Alexander,when they actually fought that is,haha....I was surprised that he did that well and won!

The Mcsweeney and Titties fight was pretty fun to watch as well...That was a great flying knee to the face.

Matt and Marcus........Marcus's striking is horrible....Thats all Im gonna say about that waste of time.
Old 12-07-09, 01:14 PM   #58
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I was very impressed by Kimbo Slice. No, he is not the future king of the ring, but he has stepped up and worked on his skills. I especially liked his humility after the fight. A lot of UFC-types would have talked smack and hammed it up (Tito Ortiz, anyone?). When complimented by Joe Rogan on his improved ground game, Kimbo said "yeah, I'm working on it." Good answer, Kimbo.

As for Roy Nelson...what's the difference between a blowhard and the real thing? Walking the walk. The guy is for real, regardless of how obnoxious he is, or how fat he is. He flat-out owned Schaub. That was a great cross he landed below Schaub's ear. I laughed out loud when he was rubbing his belly on top of the fence. It will be very interesting to see if he can duplicate that win against more experienced fighters.
Old 12-08-09, 10:49 PM   #59
Fishnngolfn

I was disappointed in Marcus. I didn't know his striking was that bad.
Roy Nelson winning was not as bad as I thought. He fought very well and it showed that Dana White can't control everything. He is just too cocky.
The titties Mcsweeny fight was laughable. Both are not that good.
I was very very impressed with Kimbo. I was very disappointed that Alexander circled him for so long. Very boring until Kimbo stepped in and hit him several times. I LOVED that slam that almost broke Alexander's back. I rewound it many times and watch that slam over and over again.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.