Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-05, 07:08 AM   #1
jreaneau
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Weekly Lake Fork Fishing Report From Guide Jim Reaneau

Well, if you think the Texas sun is a joke try getting out in it on a lake with no wind. I have fish most of last week and most of this week. Mostly half days but a couple of full days. Thursday I fished all day and it was not real bad till about 3 PM and even with the wind it got hot. The fish were not really biting all that well but we did manage to put 15 in the boat The largest was 5 & 1/4 . Most were caught out of 18 foot of water on a Carolina rig. Slow was the presentation. There was no schooling fish anywhere. We would hit this point and catch one and then go somewhere else. We did manage to catch 4 fish off one point but this was fast and furious and it was over. Most of the fish were caught in the morning. We caught 5 in the afternoon. The numerous days of 100 plus degrees have gotten the water temp up to 89 and when the wind blows over it, it feels like a furnace. I was not able to find much bait fish on any of my deep spots. Earlier in the week the fish were hitting top water that first hour and a half around points and grass edges.

The Wave Tiki stick, Zoom Fluke, Lake Fork Tackle ZigZag, and Twitch worm were good baits around the Grass early. There has been some fish schooling around the bridges. ¼ ounce Lipless crank baits, tail spinners and jigging spoons have been the best baits to catch these fish. Just start at one of the bridge and cast around the pilings. Usually the fish are there after about 10 o’clock am.

The best pattern I can give you is get started as soon as possible and quit at noon. The weather looks to be a little cooler for the weekend and the first part of next week. The lake is falling with no rain and with evaporation. It is two plus feet low.

The crappie have been slow this week. Most of the fishermen I have talked to have stated the fish were slow and small this past week. The heat may have slowed them also.

I still have open dates in September and if you want a good spot for the McDonald tournament book a half or full day.

Jim Reaneau

1-888-918-5088

jreaneau is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.