Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-09, 01:01 PM   #26
DonaldBreland

AMEN Woody
Old 08-15-09, 04:03 PM   #27
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

My take on this is that Vicks real crime wasn't dog fighting.

His real crime was being a friggin idiot.

Look at the outpouring of disgust against him. For the crime, it actually is disproportionate. The main thing is that eveyone looks at this athlete who has it made, has a talent that is above perhaps all others in the history of football, and he just doesnt give a damn. Not just to be caught dogfighting, but how inconsiderate is he to not be the best quarterback in football? He has one of the best arms and speed wise he is right next to Reggie Bush. All he did was have to put in the effort that other guys with heart do and he was a first ballot HOFer. But instead, he is content to remain a leader of ghetto garbage thugs who kill dogs for fun. He had all the talent in the world, and will never get it. Thats the crime.
Old 08-17-09, 11:56 AM   #28
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

WTL, well said!

I guess everyone deserves a second...oops I mean 20 chances.

I think that's what bothers me even more, this guys has screwed up so many times in his short career that it's almost pathetic. I can't imagine how many incidents the public doesn't know about with this guy.

Off the top of my mind I can remember these fairly easily:

1) Good Ol' Ron Mexico= Going to the free clinics to take care of his STD's under the alias of Ron Mexico...I know there was also some court case about this too, but don't remember how it went down.

2) Caught trying to smuggle "weed" onto a plane=IDIOT! This one just baffles my mind.

3) A van smuggling marijuana from Virginia was registered to who else, but Michael Vick!

...and finally Dog Fighting!.... a real role model for kids to look up to
Old 08-17-09, 04:02 PM   #29
DonaldBreland

personally he was an alright QB but no where near the best in the NFL. Actually Matt Ryan of Atlanta is better. they win more with him.
Old 08-17-09, 06:52 PM   #30
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankybait View Post
Because the eagles think he will be a useful weapon. And if he is what he was 2 years ago, he would be. A strong armed QB (with mediocre accuracy) who is always a threat to run. They figured itd be worth it. cheap contract, short term, almost no commitment.
That said, i guess this is just a matter of Vick's upbringing. He was raised thinking this was normal. is it right? hell no. But players done worse. Stallworth killed a human being (albeit drunk... but are you going to tell me that driving drunk is a good idea? or he couldnt afford a cab?) and not nearly as big of a fuss was made.
Vick served his time and paid for his mistake. An incident like this should not completely ruin his career and life
I have to disagree with you. More than once. First of all, Vick has never been even close to being an average QB. All he can do is run.
2nd, upbringing is not an excuse for dog fighting.
3rd, Yes Stallworth killed someone while drunk. I'm willing to bet that he didn't get behind the wheel knowing that he was going to kill someone. Vick knew exactly what he was doing and what the outcome would be if he were caught.
It should definitely ruin his life and his career. Anyone that engages in that kind of activity, should never play another down again. Is this the kind of message the NFL should be sending to the fans and kids at home? I don't think so. He should be banned forever.
Old 08-17-09, 07:01 PM   #31
DonaldBreland

MallenManson:
Quote:
I have to disagree with you. More than once. First of all, Vick has never been even close to being an average QB. All he can do is run.
3rd, Yes Stallworth killed someone while drunk. I'm willing to bet that he didn't get behind the wheel knowing that he was going to kill someone. Vick knew exactly what he was doing and what the outcome would be if he were caught.
It should definitely ruin his life and his career. Anyone that engages in that kind of activity, should never play another down again. Is this the kind of message the NFL should be sending to the fans and kids at home? I don't think so. He should be banned forever.
First of all you jehova's witnesses must believe differently. He killed a few dogs. Was that right. No. But lets not forget That God says we must FORGIVE in order to be forgiven.
I know I am going off the record but I cant help it. Don't Jehova witness believe that Michael Jackson was some sort of angel or messiah. Just Curious. I mean he did rape kids. That's worst than killing any dog.
Old 08-17-09, 07:02 PM   #32
DonaldBreland

Also Lets give Hope back to our children that if they mess up one time in life they will have another chance to make something of their selves.
Old 08-17-09, 07:03 PM   #33
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldBreland View Post
MallenManson:

First of all you jehova's witnesses must believe differently. He killed a few dogs. Was that right. No. But lets not forget That God says we must FORGIVE in order to be forgiven.
I know I am going off the record but I cant help it. Don't Jehova witness believe that Michael Jackson was some sort of angel or messiah. Just Curious. I mean he did rape kids. That's worst than killing any dog.

First of all, I'm not a Jehova's Witness. 2nd of all, don't start quoting scripture at me.
3rd of all, Vick is a completely disgusting human being for what he did. Forgive? I could care less. Be reinstated in the NFL and be a role model for kids? You must be out of your mind
Old 08-17-09, 07:35 PM   #34
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Mallen while I was disgusted as much as you where i still think everyone deserves a second chance .

Jim
Old 08-17-09, 07:36 PM   #35
crankybait

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenManson View Post
Alge Crumpler is a product of Vick. The guy wasn't awful. being an average QB in the NFL is rather easy(when at that level). you HAVE to be talented to get there. but if you'd like to discuss this, name some quarterbacks you consider average so we can compare.
and upbringing, i do beleive, is not an excuse... but i see where he is coming from. people in spain grow up thinking matadors are heroes and cool and all. here, its seen as disgusting. Same type of thing with vick, id assume.
Old 08-17-09, 07:38 PM   #36
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim80 View Post
Mallen while I was disgusted as much as you where i still think everyone deserves a second chance .

Jim
Sorry, but I don't. Thinking it's ok to torture and kill dogs is not a mistake, or bad judgement. It's a serious character flaw that can't be changed.
People that make mistakes are one thing. Someone like Vick, or a racist, or a rapist, that's something else altogether and cannot be excused
Old 08-17-09, 07:39 PM   #37
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankybait View Post
Alge Crumpler is a product of Vick. The guy wasn't awful. being an average QB in the NFL is rather easy(when at that level). you HAVE to be talented to get there. but if you'd like to discuss this, name some quarterbacks you consider average so we can compare.
and upbringing, i do beleive, is not an excuse... but i see where he is coming from. people in spain grow up thinking matadors are heroes and cool and all. here, its seen as disgusting. Same type of thing with vick, id assume.
You can't be serious. He got there for one reason and one reason only. Scrambling. That's it
Old 08-17-09, 07:43 PM   #38
DonaldBreland

Well if your not a jehovas witness then I apologize. BUT. Your Location states Jehovas witness. So you don't forgive people. Let me ask you a question. If you were driving down the road and you hit a dog. The owner was there as you stopped the car. Would you tell him your sorry? More than likely he will be upset but if he is a good man then he will forgive you. Now for the scripture quoting. I am directing these comments to everyone. Forgive in order to be forgiven. What he did was bad but it wasn't rape or murder. He was involved in dog fighting. The dogs he had were bred to fight. Is that right? Nope. Is that ethical? Nope. Should we turn our backs on an individual that done his time and didn't make excuses on why he did it? Nope. We should forgive this man. Not trust him fully yet. I think he deserves a second chance and maybe just maybe he will give back to the community and actually make a role model for kids who have been in trouble but want to try and change. If you don't think someone should have a second chance or be forgiven, then you are the one who is out of their mind.
Old 08-17-09, 07:44 PM   #39
Jim80

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenManson View Post
Sorry, but I don't. Thinking it's ok to torture and kill dogs is not a mistake, or bad judgement. It's a serious character flaw that can't be changed.
People that make mistakes are one thing. Someone like Vick, or a racist, or a rapist, that's something else altogether and cannot be excused
I grew up around dog fighting and eventually grew away from it , not that I ever raised dogs to fight but , I have attended fights in my youth would flaw my character to an point that can not be forgiven ? I can kinda see where he is coming from but at the same time as an adult who has learned many lessons associated with that kind of life style I could not agree , you are only a product of your environment for so long until you realize there are other options . So yes I could forgive and grant a second chance but it is with a weary eye .

Jim
Old 08-17-09, 07:46 PM   #40
DonaldBreland

What in the world do you think Michael Vick got there on? Passing. I don't think so. Scrambling
Old 08-17-09, 07:51 PM   #41
MallenManson

Quote:
Well if your not a jehovas witness then I apologize. BUT. Your Location states Jehovas witness. So you don't forgive people. Let me ask you a question. If you were driving down the road and you hit a dog. The owner was there as you stopped the car. Would you tell him your sorry? More than likely he will be upset but if he is a good man then he will forgive you. Now for the scripture quoting. I am directing these comments to everyone. Forgive in order to be forgiven. What he did was bad but it wasn't rape or murder. He was involved in dog fighting. The dogs he had were bred to fight. Is that right? Nope. Is that ethical? Nope. Should we turn our backs on an individual that done his time and didn't make excuses on why he did it? Nope. We should forgive this man. Not trust him fully yet. I think he deserves a second chance and maybe just maybe he will give back to the community and actually make a role model for kids who have been in trouble but want to try and change. If you don't think someone should have a second chance or be forgiven, then you are the one who is out of their mind.
Get serious. For starters, common sense dictates that if I were a Jehovas Witness, I wouldn't be making a joke of it as my location.
2nd, I never said I don't forgive people.
3rd, what does running over a dog in the street have to do with what Vick did? Did I INTENTIONALLY RUN THE DOG DOWN?
Are you gonna put someone back in the spotlight for rape? Or murder? How bout Hitler? These are all people with serious character flaws who saw no harm in what they did. Vick is in that group, and doesn't deserve to be back in the NFL spotlight
Old 08-17-09, 07:52 PM   #42
MallenManson

Quote:
What in the world do you think Michael Vick got there on? Passing. I don't think so. Scrambling
Is this supposed to be stating something? If so, I don't get it
Old 08-17-09, 08:01 PM   #43
DonaldBreland

Bullcrap. Michael Vick regrets what he did. he paid he time in jail forgive the man.
Quote:
Forgive? I could care less.
explain that.
All I was saying about the dog being ran over was that I'm sure you would be sorry for what you done and you would expect to be forgiven.
I believe it was you that stated M.V was one of the best QBs in football. He was not a great passer but a great runner.
Quote:
Are you gonna put someone back in the spotlight for rape? Or murder? How bout Hitler? These are all people with serious character flaws who saw no harm in what they did. Vick is in that group, and doesn't deserve to be back in the NFL spotlight
How is Vick in that group for what he did. He did'nt kill millions of people. Man people and dogs are different. I love my animals but I would not put them above a humans life.
Michael Vick never raped no one either. Your speaking of crap that he didn't do, and your making him out to be some sick human being for what he did. Do you not think that he regrets what he did. Thats why he stood up and took his punishment like a man and didnt back down from what he did. If I'm not mistaking I also think he donated money to help the s.p.c.a out across the country.
Old 08-17-09, 08:04 PM   #44
DonaldBreland

here is a piece on Vick
http://http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/b...fl,183165&cp=2
Old 08-17-09, 08:17 PM   #45
DonaldBreland

Look I'm gonna be the bigger man and not argue about this any more. But I will say this. we should forgive people. Its what the Bible says to do. Do it if you want or not do it. Thats your choice. But remember this. Jesus Loves You and he has his arm spread wide open to accept you. That is not intended for one person but for all people.
Now that thats over where are you from MallenManson
Old 08-17-09, 08:18 PM   #46
MallenManson

Quote:
Bullcrap. Michael Vick regrets what he did. he paid he time in jail forgive the man.

explain that.
All I was saying about the dog being ran over was that I'm sure you would be sorry for what you done and you would expect to be forgiven.
I believe it was you that stated M.V was one of the best QBs in football. He was not a great passer but a great runner.

How is Vick in that group for what he did. He did'nt kill millions of people. Man people and dogs are different. I love my animals but I would not put them above a humans life.
Michael Vick never raped no one either. Your speaking of crap that he didn't do, and your making him out to be some sick human being for what he did. Do you not think that he regrets what he did. Thats why he stood up and took his punishment like a man and didnt back down from what he did. If I'm not mistaking I also think he donated money to help the s.p.c.a out across the country.

Dude, are you this clueless on a regular basis? Or just when it comes to web forums?
How do you know he regrets what he did? Because he said so? Excuse me while I laugh at you AND him!
Your example of a dog being run over is a terrible one. If I ran over a dog, you better believe I would regret it. Then again, it was an accident. Do you really think Vick fighting them was an accident? Or torturing to death the ones that came up short? was that an accident?
And you would be wrong all over again. I never stated Vick was one of the best QBs. I don't even consider him a QB in the 1st place. He was always a horrible QB and for anyone that wants to argue that, here's the proof. 81.6 is his best QB rating for a season. Last I knew, Griese had a better CAREER average than that, without scrambling. Or how about the 53.8% completion rating? Yep, that's gotta land him right in the Harrington neighborhood.

You totally lack the ability to comprehend. I clearly pointed out why he should be lumped in with those people. Because he has an obvious flaw in his make up, like a racist, a rapist....he didn't just commit a crime to feed his family or use terrible judgement getting behind the wheel. He saw no problem with torturing and murdering dogs. That's not a crime, that's a flaw on some deep, dark level. Quit putting words in my mouth. I never once said he raped or murdered anyone. Read what is written and quit trying to inject your own idiotic ASSumptions into it.
Stood up and took his punishment like a man? LMAO! Last I knew, he was arrested and ordered to stand trial! That's standing up and taking it like a man?
You are out of your mind.
Reply all you want, I'm done reading your posts and replying to you. I knew you were going to be annoying from the moment I read your website. You've proven me correct. Go thank God for something and move on
Old 08-17-09, 08:25 PM   #47
DonaldBreland

yeah because I accept God. Annoying huh. Cant comprehend huh. maybe you should go join Peta or something.
You said he was in the same category as a rapist and a murderer. You said it.
Quote:
Go thank God for something and move on
Maybe you should Thank God
Old 08-17-09, 08:26 PM   #48
DonaldBreland

MallenManson go back and look at your posts. You contradict yourself entirely too much.
Old 08-17-09, 08:35 PM   #49
DonaldBreland

I want to say that I am sorry to the t.s for bringing this crap to your post. By now everyone should know that I accept God in my life. I think for that sometimes I get judged. I will not turn down from my beliefs and will always love Jesus. Am I saying that I am above everyone else on here. No. I am a sinner too and want to be the best person I can be. Sorry if I have offended anyone on here, Including you Mallen
Old 08-17-09, 09:01 PM   #50
crankybait

think this thread needs to be locked...

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.