Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-08, 08:13 AM   #1
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Bark of the Red Fox

Last night as the golden hour approached I noticed a drop in temps. The sky cleared up quick and the easterly wind had a little bite in it. The fish turned off except for a few dumb ones to stupid to know what it all means.

As I slid the boat on the trailer and stepped into the water a chill from my feet ran up my spine. I pulled the boat and did the pee pee dance over to a small sign that another bass guide put up. I marked the sign and went back to packing the boat.

A red fox emerged from the bushes where many a chicken and rib bone have been tossed this year. He barked at me with a 3 pack a day voice or maybe he had a bone stuck in his throat. Either way I decided to bark back at him. He charged forward with in 10 yards of me and barked again. I barked right back with the same raspy voice. He went left then right and slipped back into the bushes wend-est he came.

This to me signals the end of many a very good night with many great clients.

The LGMouth for me has ended this year. Sad but yet invigorating is the next change of season. So like the last coyote or the old blind striper this old fox barked out time for a change of seasons.
Capt Mike
Old 08-25-08, 09:24 AM   #2
Jigger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Nice read. Thanks for taking me along. What will you do now that the season's over???
Jigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-08, 09:42 AM   #3
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Fishing the Cheasapeake Bay and starting up the monster catfish season in about three weeks.

Next week fishing the Dragon with 15 close friends and hopefully the lower bay..
Week after that fishing Solomons Island mid bay
Week after that Emerald Isle NC for reds.
Catfish then.

Capt Mike

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.