Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-05, 04:44 PM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default lure retriver

ever hang up a crank bait? ok who has not?? and losing a high end crank just sucks ...

well in a recent club tourny i learned a lure removal technique. i fish alot of rocks and stumps. the lure retriver can be made by every member of this board..and you can make 3 of them for less than $2..

a 3/4 sinker with the brass wire eye. a large snap-can use a coast lock-make sure it does not have a swivel on it. rig it as shown. once you hang up simply attach the big loop to your line close it and send it in after the crank. i found letting the sinker fall a short distance from the crank is better. just bounce the sinker repeatedly up and down. it removes the crank from most hang ups..MOST not ALL.. but enough to make building them worth while..

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.