Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-09, 03:16 PM   #1
DonaldBreland

Default Prayer request needed

Please take a minute and check out my website. On the front page there is a pic of a 9 year old boy named Dylan Baughn. He died of Ewing Sarcoma cancer. Please put a special prayer in for his family tonight. He was buried yesterday and he doesn't need prayed for because he believed in God but his parents didn't. So please pray for them tonight. Thanks and God Bless.
http://www.donaldbreland.com
Old 08-17-09, 04:37 PM   #2
woody
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I'm sorry to hear about little Dylan. I'll be praying.

~Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-09, 05:22 PM   #3
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

prayers being sent around the clock, that is a sad deal.
Old 08-17-09, 05:26 PM   #4
DonaldBreland

The cool thing was, right before he died he told his mom he wanted her to get saved. He said he has already met Jesus and he will soon be sitting at his feet. True Inspiration. God is Real people. Get Saved. If you are saved. I want you to know that I am proud to be your brother and I am here for you.
Old 08-18-09, 07:32 PM   #5
keithdog

The prayer will go out as soon as I log off Don. Thats a really tough thing for those parents. My wife and I lost a son 18 years ago. Lucky for us we were already christians, and that was what got us through. I can't imagine having to deal with that kind of loss without having the spiritual strength God gives us in time of need. God will always use the things in life that go wrong for his good. No doubt, he can use little Dylan to bring his parents to know Christ. Prayers by many will go a long way towards making this happen. Thanks for letting us know.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-09, 08:20 PM   #6
DonaldBreland

Your welcome. I catch a lot of bull from people who don't believe in God because I display him on my website. I love this sport and I love every one of you guys on here. I am a proud christian and I just want to tell my story about how I became close to God. No matter what people say I believe that God sent his only begotten Son Jesus to die on the cross to forgive us for our sins. I believe that Jesus arose three days later. I just want to thank you guys so much for sending prayers out for his family. This is what this sport is all about.
Old 08-18-09, 08:22 PM   #7
1/4 stick

I'm a prayin'
Old 08-18-09, 08:37 PM   #8
1/4 stick

I'm curious Donald. How did you come to God? I sorta believed in him, but then that was mostly because my parents always did. Up until a few years ago if someone would have told me there was no God I'd of said they may be right. But after my liver failed, and I had a long search of my soul and life with him. Well, I'm still here and I believe. Still don't do the church thing, I really find myself getting upset at the amount of people there that are fake, or always in someone elses buisness when they should be worshiping. I don't think I should be there if I'm going to be mad. And don't walk a saints path by any means. But I ask for forgiveness and thank him everyday. A lot of times when I'm fishing, I'm more there talking to him than I am there for the fish.
Old 08-18-09, 09:58 PM   #9
DonaldBreland

My dad was a good man to his family but hated black people. My dad was born in 1937 so he was growing up in racism. My dad joined the KKKK (knights of the Ku Klux Klan) and lived by them up until around 1970 something. I was born in 1980 so dad kinda grew out of the hate stage. He met a black man named Miller who was racist towards blacks as well. I know its weird. In 1987 on my 7th birth day my dad went in for a triple by pass surgery. In 1989 he found out he had diabetes. In 1994 my dad was working and crushed three vertibret in his neck and couldnt work. We went down to almost nothing. There was night all we had to eat was beans. When Christmas came around I didn't get all kinds of toys or bikes or even clothes. What I did have was my family. My dad would make a sailor open up the Bible and pray for my dad because of his mouth. In all reality my dad wasn't the good person I thought he was. He was a sinner, but God wasn't ready for him yet. In 2001 My dad moved to Albany Georgia and started going to church. he would call me up and tell me that I need to read the Bible and I need to change my life. I didn't want to hear that and kept on with my ways. I never did drugs or wasn't much into drinking nor did I think I was a bad person. But I wasn't saved either. I believed in God but I didn't accept. I didn't go to church because I didn't want to be a hypocrite . In 2002 I met my wife on the 4th of July and I was drunk. On a beach. 2 days later I called her back up and we have talked ever since. One year later on July6th My wife and I had a son. I named him Tyler Triton Breland and that's when I knew I needed better in my life. But did I listen. Nope. I didn't drink nor did I do drugs but I seen the same traits my dad had starting up. I was getting hot tempered. I was cursing like a demon.
In January of 2006 my dad had something burst in his stomach and the doctors told him he needed to call his family because he had a 85% chance to die. My dad called and said please accept God in your life and that the doctor said he had a good chance to die but dad said he wasn't going to. He said he believed he had more to do for God on earth. Two weeks later he was working on his truck. He was a strong man but God made him stronger. He did good until march when he called and seemed kinda scared. He said that he was going in for quadruple bypass surgery. He said the Doctors again gave him a 15% chance to live. In 87 they took the veins out of his legs and in 2006 they took the veins out his arms. dad told me not to worry though but asked me to come to God. I then started to read the word. I didn't believe in going to church and made excuses on why I shouldn't go. So to make a very long story shorter. In 2008 on July 6th little did I know that on my sons birthday that would be the last time I would talk to my dad alive. He died on July 24th with a battle with leukemia which I didn't know he had. in fact no one knew it. He never called because he knew he had accomplished what he was mean to do. Get me to believe and accept God in my life. On July 26th on a stage at my dads church in Albany Georgia I had the preacher do a sinners prayer in front of 200 people. I had people coming up to me and telling me that my dad inspired them to come to God. Thats amazing. from 2008 until June 5th 2009 I started to backslide Until I read a book called " The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. Soon after I read the first day of the book (its a 40 day book. You read one chapter a day for 40 days) I received a phone call from one of my sponsors. I asked God in a prrayer that same night to put my life in his hands and do with me what he wanted. I was ready. So after the 40 days I promised to Never Give Up on God again. I read the Bible every night and I pray for others instead of me. I believe that God talks to us and we have the option to listen. I don't think we hear his actual voice but I think he speaks to us through feeling. I received a phone call at 5:30 a.m in August 13th from a preacher and asked if I wanted to go fishing. I said of course and met him at the lake. During fishing with him a conversation came up about being Baptized. I said I wanted to and I would come to his church in two weeks to do it. He said whats wrong with today. I was like sure. Not really thinking I was going to get baptized. He then proceeded to go over to another boat which was his co pastors boat. He told the other preacher I wanted to get baptized and at 11:30 a.m at Bells marina on Santee Cooper South Carolina in between two bass boats. I got baptized. I seen God change my dad completely. I seen God touch a little 9 year old Boy who said he seen Jesus and told his mom before he died. I seen God touch people in more ways than one. There is a lot of fake out there and that is true. But the Glory of God is in my Blood. I must admit though. I am church less now. I still dont go to church but what I do is I go to www.lcci.us and listen to my dads pastor preach. I read the Bible and I am here to help and never do I expect anything in return. I know there is a lot left out but I could sit here and type all night.
One last thing. If your having Problems in your life and it feels like the devil has got you down. Please read Matthew Chapter 4 in the Bible. It is my favorite chapter in the Bible so far. thanks for reading an dI know it was kinda long. thanks, Donald Breland

Oh and by the way. One of the guys who came up to me and said My dad inspired him was a black man. He said my dad didn't see color in people and he helped all people out. He said my dad was his best friend. The hugs I got from these people were powerful. I hadn't seen my dad in 5 years up until his death. We lived 7 hours away from each other. But even not seeing him it felt as if we were right there with each other every time we talked.
Old 08-18-09, 09:58 PM   #10
DonaldBreland

Sorry that was soooo long.
Old 08-18-09, 10:21 PM   #11
1/4 stick

hehehe... no problem, I asked. That's a cool story and I'm glad God has touched you. Ya just can't beat getting baptized between two bass boats. lol
Old 08-18-09, 10:26 PM   #12
DonaldBreland

Sure cant lol. I mean when your getting baptized and you look to your right and your see a bass boat then you look to your left and you see a bass boat, you just know that God is in your heart.
Old 08-18-09, 10:58 PM   #13
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldBreland View Post
Sure cant lol. I mean when your getting baptized and you look to your right and your see a bass boat then you look to your left and you see a bass boat, you just know that God is in your heart.
Don, I believe I would think I'd died and gone to heaven, LOL.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-09, 11:34 PM   #14
DonaldBreland

Well thats what they call being born again lol. It was an awesome day. Catching some fish then getting baptized.
Old 08-19-09, 12:32 AM   #15
66KingFisher

Quote:
I read a book called " The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren.
I had a gentleman give me a copy of that book at a bike/car show about 3yrs ago...because i'd made some kinda comment to him that since i'd survived a severe heart attack that only 5% of the guys my age survive.....I couldn't understand why me, and why was I still here when other buddies of mine were dead and gone from less severe problems?...I just didn't get it....what am I suppose to do now?

I'm embarrased to say that book just wound up on the shelf in my office untill just now.....I took it off the shelf and wiped the dust off it and after reading the introduction, I layed it besides my monitor and plan on starting day one tomorrow....what the heck...couldn't hurt huh?

I grew up with a very spiritual mother, but not father......I was forced to church every sunday morning and evening, and most wednesday nites....Pentecostal holy roller style church.....I resented it for many years and in a way I think I still do, so I have'nt been to church myself in along time....My wife was Baptist so we took our girls to Baptist sunday school when they were little, but we moved away from that town and never bothered to find a new church home.....I feel bad that I kinda dropped the ball concerning my daughters....I should of kept taking them while we were in a routine and they enjoyed going.....my fault totally...now they are grown and starting families of their own, and its hard to tell them I think they should attend church somewhere, when I'm not.....Heck there are 6 churches within just a short walk from our home,but i've never gone to one.....even the pastor of the baptist church on the next corner lives one house down from me and I could count the amount of times we've spoken on one hand.....we bearly know each others first name and we've lived almost next door for over 8yrs.....whats that say?...and he and his sons are bass anglers....the son fishes tournaments regularly.

Ok...i've rambled long enough....I just wanted to say that I enjoyed your story and you inspired me to go ahead and follow thru with reading this book I promised i'd read 3 yrs ago....lol.
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-09, 12:51 AM   #16
DonaldBreland

That is amazing. Thanks 66 for your story as well. Remember I am not here to preach to people. I am not here to judge people either. I am here as a friend and a brother to honor God and Honor each of you as family. That story you just put up brought chill bumps to my arms and I think that book will answer any questions you may have. It will lead you to the Bible in so many ways its not funny. If you ever need to chat I am here. I would like to follow you as you read that book if thats alright. I am currently going online and watching the church my dad used to go to before he died. I challenge any of you to go view his sermon at http://www.lcci.us/site/archivedservices.htm and tell me what you think. Thanks so much and God Bless
Old 08-24-09, 09:43 PM   #17
Backwater Charlie
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
My dad was a good man to his family but hated black people. My dad was born in 1937 so he was growing up in racism. My dad joined the KKKK (knights of the Ku Klux Klan) and lived by them up until around 1970 something. I was born in 1980 so dad kinda grew out of the hate stage. He met a black man named Miller who was racist towards blacks as well. I know its weird. In 1987 on my 7th birth day my dad went in for a triple by pass surgery. In 1989 he found out he had diabetes. In 1994 my dad was working and crushed three vertibret in his neck and couldnt work. We went down to almost nothing. There was night all we had to eat was beans. When Christmas came around I didn't get all kinds of toys or bikes or even clothes. What I did have was my family. My dad would make a sailor open up the Bible and pray for my dad because of his mouth. In all reality my dad wasn't the good person I thought he was. He was a sinner, but God wasn't ready for him yet. In 2001 My dad moved to Albany Georgia and started going to church. he would call me up and tell me that I need to read the Bible and I need to change my life. I didn't want to hear that and kept on with my ways. I never did drugs or wasn't much into drinking nor did I think I was a bad person. But I wasn't saved either. I believed in God but I didn't accept. I didn't go to church because I didn't want to be a hypocrite . In 2002 I met my wife on the 4th of July and I was drunk. On a beach. 2 days later I called her back up and we have talked ever since. One year later on July6th My wife and I had a son. I named him Tyler Triton Breland and that's when I knew I needed better in my life. But did I listen. Nope. I didn't drink nor did I do drugs but I seen the same traits my dad had starting up. I was getting hot tempered. I was cursing like a demon.
In January of 2006 my dad had something burst in his stomach and the doctors told him he needed to call his family because he had a 85% chance to die. My dad called and said please accept God in your life and that the doctor said he had a good chance to die but dad said he wasn't going to. He said he believed he had more to do for God on earth. Two weeks later he was working on his truck. He was a strong man but God made him stronger. He did good until march when he called and seemed kinda scared. He said that he was going in for quadruple bypass surgery. He said the Doctors again gave him a 15% chance to live. In 87 they took the veins out of his legs and in 2006 they took the veins out his arms. dad told me not to worry though but asked me to come to God. I then started to read the word. I didn't believe in going to church and made excuses on why I shouldn't go. So to make a very long story shorter. In 2008 on July 6th little did I know that on my sons birthday that would be the last time I would talk to my dad alive. He died on July 24th with a battle with leukemia which I didn't know he had. in fact no one knew it. He never called because he knew he had accomplished what he was mean to do. Get me to believe and accept God in my life. On July 26th on a stage at my dads church in Albany Georgia I had the preacher do a sinners prayer in front of 200 people. I had people coming up to me and telling me that my dad inspired them to come to God. Thats amazing. from 2008 until June 5th 2009 I started to backslide Until I read a book called " The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. Soon after I read the first day of the book (its a 40 day book. You read one chapter a day for 40 days) I received a phone call from one of my sponsors. I asked God in a prrayer that same night to put my life in his hands and do with me what he wanted. I was ready. So after the 40 days I promised to Never Give Up on God again. I read the Bible every night and I pray for others instead of me. I believe that God talks to us and we have the option to listen. I don't think we hear his actual voice but I think he speaks to us through feeling. I received a phone call at 5:30 a.m in August 13th from a preacher and asked if I wanted to go fishing. I said of course and met him at the lake. During fishing with him a conversation came up about being Baptized. I said I wanted to and I would come to his church in two weeks to do it. He said whats wrong with today. I was like sure. Not really thinking I was going to get baptized. He then proceeded to go over to another boat which was his co pastors boat. He told the other preacher I wanted to get baptized and at 11:30 a.m at Bells marina on Santee Cooper South Carolina in between two bass boats. I got baptized. I seen God change my dad completely. I seen God touch a little 9 year old Boy who said he seen Jesus and told his mom before he died. I seen God touch people in more ways than one. There is a lot of fake out there and that is true. But the Glory of God is in my Blood. I must admit though. I am church less now. I still dont go to church but what I do is I go to www.lcci.us and listen to my dads pastor preach. I read the Bible and I am here to help and never do I expect anything in return. I know there is a lot left out but I could sit here and type all night.
One last thing. If your having Problems in your life and it feels like the devil has got you down. Please read Matthew Chapter 4 in the Bible. It is my favorite chapter in the Bible so far. thanks for reading an dI know it was kinda long. thanks, Donald Breland

Oh and by the way. One of the guys who came up to me and said My dad inspired him was a black man. He said my dad didn't see color in people and he helped all people out. He said my dad was his best friend. The hugs I got from these people were powerful. I hadn't seen my dad in 5 years up until his death. We lived 7 hours away from each other. But even not seeing him it felt as if we were right there with each other every time we talked.

You just made a grown man cry. That is the most inspirational story I have heard in my life. I don't know how I got through the whole story without literally weeping. Thank you Donald Breland for this post, and god bless you.
Old 08-24-09, 10:14 PM   #18
DonaldBreland

Thanks so much Backwater. If you have a tear come down your face then you have a heart and soul. I have cried several times listening to or reading the Bible. What Jesus went through to save us makes me love not only him more but everyone in this world. Thanks so much for reading and my email is always op if you ever care to chat. If you ever need to talk my phone number is on my website as well. God Bless.
Old 08-26-09, 10:32 AM   #19
SaIdek
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Prayer request needed

I got this email tonight............Hey friends, I have another prayer request. I am going in again on Friday, this time for an MRA, similar to an MRI but it is just going to look at the blood vessells in my head, check for any bleeding and what not. Symptoms are getting worse instead of better. Please pray for a good outcome. Thank you all so much for being here for me when I need you. I will update soonLove,Kristi Timmons
SaIdek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-09, 02:36 PM   #20
DonaldBreland

Kristi, I will put you in my prayers. Just remember to never think negative no matter what the results are. Always think positive thoughts and positive things will happen. I would love for you to watch the archived services under www.lcci.us. Its this past sundays service. It speaks of a 50 year old autistic man who has never had a cold or even a cavity because he has never said a word. He dont speak negative and nothing negative happens to him. Also if you need to talk or pray call me at 843-635-4393. Thanks and God Bless
Old 08-26-09, 05:04 PM   #21
Backwater Charlie
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Thanks so much Backwater. If you have a tear come down your face then you have a heart and soul. I have cried several times listening to or reading the Bible. What Jesus went through to save us makes me love not only him more but everyone in this world. Thanks so much for reading and my email is always op if you ever care to chat. If you ever need to talk my phone number is on my website as well. God Bless.

Thanks for the reply. I will try to get in touch with you via e-mail here soon.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.