Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-07, 08:53 PM   #1
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Remember all those families on 9/11

I've been thinking more about 9/11 as it approaches. Itr laways saddens my heart to think not only about those who died. But all the family members and freinds who lost them. Plus we still have men and women daily who are giving their life for our freedom, and safety. Please PROUDLY fly a American Flag on 9/11, or all year for that matter. I will never forget that day for the rest of my life, even though I personally didn't know any of those who did die. May God Bless America and all my fishing freinds.

Scott
Old 09-05-07, 09:28 PM   #2
JB

I'll never forget that day, I was at work and saw a handful of ppl watching a tv in a conference room of a plane crashing into a building. We all stayed glued to the tv for an hour or so in shock.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-07, 12:38 AM   #3
wargoth
BassFishin.Com Active Member

It's nice to see I am not the only one who still cares.
Old 09-06-07, 05:15 PM   #4
texasbasser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to texasbasser

Yea, I was only in 2nd grade but I remember whose class I was in, Where I sat, and who I was next to.
texasbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-07, 07:01 PM   #5
bassfisher02

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

I was at the Orlando science Center, 5th grade... we had to leave the center mid-day because they were shutting down all government buildings. Had no idea what was happening till I got home, at school that day rumors were flying around like some hijacked a military jet and was bombing New York, and other bazarre tales, what can you expect from a bunch of 5th graders? Anyways I'll never forget that day, and all the men and women affected in any way from it.
Old 09-06-07, 10:49 PM   #6
Rebbasser

I found out about it when I checked voicemail-the national sales manager said go home and be with your families. I had no clue what he was referring to until I turned on the TV. I've never been so sickened, sad and enraged at the same time.
Old 09-07-07, 10:37 AM   #7
BLWeng

Send a message via AIM to BLWeng

Wow, this kind of puts things into perspective. If you ever forget about that day, take a look at this list and just think how many lives changed that day.

http://takebackthememorial.org/911/911.htm

Old 09-07-07, 10:44 AM   #8
brushhog

I teach sixth grade students, most of whom will have no recollection of that day... Needless to say, there will be no science class on Sept. 11. We will be having a lesson on pride, tradition, and history.

My best friend is pulling convoy security detail in Iraq right now, we can never forgot the sacrifices of oue military personnel. God bess 'em all!
Old 09-08-07, 12:36 PM   #9
1/4 stick

I had just woke up and turned the tv on. There was a building on fire and I thought it was one of the disaster movies till I started clicking and it was on every network. I'll never forget that, even my three year old son stood watching for the longest time with his mouth open. Probably all that smoke that caught his eye, but he had a look on his face of shock as if he somehow knew how serious it was. I finally got my wits and made him go watch blues clues in his room.

I didn't know anyone that was actually there, but I've never felt such sorrow for people I never knew. I think alot of people have forgotten the fear, sorrow, and anger that every american felt for the weeks following that attack. I still pray for the ones who lost their lives and their families, as well as Our soldiers and their families.
1/4 stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-07, 08:16 PM   #10
wfd192
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Never forget

I am a firefighter in Wilmington, DE. On that day 343 of my brothers lost thier lives doing a job they we would never trade for anything. I went to many funerals after and met many survivors. I now make it an annual trip every September 11th to go to ground zero and pay my respects. I also have the satisfation of being part of the bells of rememberance. We travel to ground zero with three large church bells which are rang through out the day in a tribute to those we lost. This year will be no exception as we travel up the NJ turnpike at 5am. If anyone will be in New York, please stop by the bells.
wfd192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-07, 10:07 PM   #11
otto
BassFishin.Com Member

I will be flying the flag on my doorstep in memory of those lost on that horrible day.
otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-07, 12:41 PM   #12
everettvet
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

No one will ever forget that day. May they all rest in peace and be remembered as the special people they were.
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-07, 04:37 PM   #13
stevomac59

I was at school, and they did not notify the students at all. i did nto find out untill I got home.... about 2:50 pm
Old 09-11-07, 09:55 PM   #14
Rebbasser

Here's another one:

http://www.americatriumphant.com/

I normally don't fly my flag except on certain days like the 4th of July, flag Day, etc. It flew today and will every Sept. 11.

Growing up people talked about the way the country felt and reacted to the Pearl Harbor attack but not having lived through it I couldn't really understand how they felt.

On 9/11 that changed forever. Now I understand.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.