Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-08, 12:16 AM   #1
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Thrift Shop Find

My wife let me know today that I really wanted to go with her down a place we call "consignment row". This is a block of nothing but thrift shops. Most are church run and full of junk. I made my way to the sporting section in each place and was fiddling with stuff when I saw a very dirty baitcaster on a 7 foot rod. I picked it up and could wipe enough off the grime off to read curado on the reel and loomis on the rod. (The G was scratched off) The rod tip was broken, but I don't think it lost more than 2-3 inches. I asked how much and the lady at the counter shrugged and said $25.
I was able to clean them up when I got home and the reel is in far better shape than I thought. It turns out to be a CU 200B and the rod is a FGR 86 (something) It was too worn to read. My wife wanted me to try and talk the lady down, but I was confident before I even cleaned it up that I was getting a good deal.
I left my card and asked the lady to call me if she got anymore fishing stuff in. She laughed and said that they get them all the time. Usually from angry wives going through a divorce. At which point I took my wife's hand in mine, kissed her cheek and asked her where she wanted to go next.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.