Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-09, 11:54 PM   #1
Earl417
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Buying new boat which is the best boat

I could not see that much difference between a X5 Nitro and a Triton explorer 17 both have 90 Optimax is there something I missed there is about 4 thousand dollars in price. Both were 2010 models

Last edited by Earl417; 11-17-09 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Year
Earl417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-09, 10:47 AM   #2
Jigger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Nitro trailers are junk. My tournament partner has a Nitro and the trailer is rotting. Cheaply made junk. He will have to buy a new trailer this winter.
Jigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-09, 02:14 AM   #3
southernbassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Nitro's are made very cheaply with cheap equipment. And their customer service sucks. Triton would be a very much better boat. Much better fit and finish than a Nitro.
Also check out Pheonix bass boats and Bee Line boats. They seem to have very good attention to detail and are not bad priced for the quality you get.
Pheonix it the parent company of Bee Line. Bee Line used to be Bumble Bee. Same tried and true hull with newer updates.
southernbassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-09, 08:19 PM   #4
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Earl
Avoid the new nitros..The glass is so thin you can see a flash light thru it..The fit and finish SUCK..Don't even ask me about under the dash...

zooker
Old 11-20-09, 08:44 PM   #5
TN_Bassin
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Gotta love the stratos 294 Evolution Fastest hole shot you will ever have
Old 11-26-09, 05:21 PM   #6
BeaverIslander
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Take a look at this, the Stratos 275XL. It looks pretty similar to the Explorer but the Stratos has a 93" beam. Thats 9" wider than the Explorer 17 and about as wide as most 19 or 20 footers on the market.

I own one, a pre-owned 2004 ProXL with a 90HP Johnson Bombardier. I get 46-49 mph out of it and it's remarkably stable, just as stable as the 21' Procraft and 20' Skeeter that my buddies own. But the 17' 6" Stratos is quite a bit lighter and easier to tow then their boats, although not nearly as fast.

I would price the Stratos and the Triton in your area, and take the Stratos over the Triton if it's close. I couldn't be happier with mine after a year now.

http://www.stratosboats.com/floorplan.cfm?mid=5556
BeaverIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-09, 07:57 PM   #7
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Beaver

2009 is the last year stratos will make the 275 xl...They dropped it from there 2010 line up..

zooker
Old 12-01-09, 02:09 AM   #8
BustinBass197
BassFishin.Com Member

I have a 07 Triton 197 Magnum that will outlast and maybe even outlast all of them 07 Triton 197 Magnum w/200 optimax warranty on motor 2012 and hull until 2017. I can send more pics if interested. 109lb motorguide, 2 Lowrance LMS332C units 4-bank on board charger, blinker trim, hotfoot. I could probably sell you mine a heck of a lot cheaper than you could buy one of the boats you are talking about. Name is Ben Brooks you can reach me at 706-639-3071 or email at [email]benbrooks@walkerschools.org
BustinBass197 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.