Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-05, 01:33 AM   #1
KalimanMX
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Help with Reel

Want to get a new reel and have about $140 Dls, i have a curado but i dont want another one, so i went into cabelas.com and found this http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templa...331&hasJS=true, its a Quantum, look nice and have a good price, what do you think about it? any other options?

Thanks
KalimanMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-05, 01:31 PM   #2
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Take a look at the BPS Extreme reel. All I use, and they are on sale for $49.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...&cmCat=3335655
Old 10-03-05, 01:32 PM   #3
Garrison
BassFishin.Com Member

Personally I would go with a Daiwa Advantage 153HST. I have 3 of these and love them. I used to use quantums and I believe these are better. I wasnt to fond of those quantums. The daiwa runs about 139.
Old 10-03-05, 06:45 PM   #4
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I have had trouble with the engaging mechanism with the accurast reel you posted.It didn't engage all of the way in gear sometimes, not often but enough to make you angry for spending that much money.That reel sells for $79.99 at bass pro shop.I doubt you would have the same trouble I did,I think I got a bad manufactured part or something.The reel did perform well other than not engaging once in a while.I would reccomend to spend alitle more for the new accurast PT model, it is the same size & shape plus a better tolerence fit and the bearings are upgraded so in my opinion it would be the smarter buy for the long haul. I hope this helps you, P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-05, 06:48 PM   #5
KH.
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

i like quantams,theres a nice one at walmart for like 70,im buying it soon
Old 10-03-05, 10:53 PM   #6
lizardsrule

Why are you not buying another Curado? If you don't like it fine. If you don't think it performed well enough fine. If you want to try another Manufacturer fine. Just would like to know why you aren't buying another one. I would say that no matter what reel you buy in that price range, as long as it's from a known manufacturer it "SHOULD" be a decent reel. You might want to check out the sponsors site JAPAN TACKLE, and see what they have to offer.

Lizards
Old 10-04-05, 03:36 PM   #7
LowDownSOB
BassFishin.Com Member

How about an Abu. Tough as nails, and casts like the devil. Upgrade the drag
and you'll have a solid reel that'll take a beating for a great price. You'll even have something to pass on down to the Grandkids, If you'll ever part with it that is.
Old 10-04-05, 08:57 PM   #8
KalimanMX
BassFishin.Com Member

Thank you all for your help.
Lizards:
I dont want to get a curado again because i just dont like how it fits on my hand, after 2 days of fishing my fingers are killing me, maybe the smaller model will work fine for me... :S
KalimanMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-05, 09:31 PM   #9
dodgeguy
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

get a pflueger president or a trion round reel if you like round ones.
Old 10-05-05, 08:27 AM   #10
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalimanMX
Thank you all for your help.
Lizards:
I dont want to get a curado again because i just dont like how it fits on my hand, after 2 days of fishing my fingers are killing me, maybe the smaller model will work fine for me... :S
I don't know of any smaller model I would definately go to a store and pick them up if the problem is your hands. You can always order online, but make sure you don't get another reel that you don't like the feel of. If you want to sell the Curado try ebay, or list it here on the classified section. I'd buy it, but I have enough Shimano's that I don't even use the Curado hardly ever as it is. I use the Curado SF(1 ea), and Castaic's(2 ea) or the Calais's(4 ea) But all of those are the same style(Low profile). Anyway good luck on finding one you like. Heck shopping for fishing stuff for me is like women shopping for SHOES, I just can't seem to get enough, no matter how much I buy LOL

Lizards
Old 10-05-05, 12:21 PM   #11
tko
BassFishin.Com Member

I have three of these and love them. Only problem i have ever had with one was self inflicted, trying to oil and lube it myself and went overboard, but never had any problems with the manufacturing of the reel.
tko is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.