Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-07, 10:33 PM   #26
5282jt
BassFishin.Com Member

Default O.K. Thanks for the welcome too!

O.K. Thanks for the welcome too!
5282jt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-07, 10:34 PM   #27
skeeter944
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

no problem! if ya ever need anything,feel free to pm me.
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-07, 06:12 PM   #28
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig n jig View Post
If you want the best flipping reel made on Earth, you will want the Daiwa TD-X reel.Why ?

1. Daiwa made the reel specifically for braided line.It spools the braid in a cross pattern so the braided line will not bind as other brands will.

2. The reel has a magnetic system which works extremely well when free spooling with the spool tension knob.

3. Its the best reel Daiwa ever made, its bullet proof.

I use 3 older Daiwa TD1 Tournament reels, but they are older than 10 years old and are still working flawlessly.They were discontinued for the TD-X line up.I have owned both, but I am old school,absolutely love the ugly old TD1's for pitching, I hardly ever flip and I never use the flipping switch on them.

My second choice is going to be the new Shimanos with the H.E.G. system and the super stopper anti reverse with assist system. The HEG gearing system has a beefed up side plate design, eliminates any torque binding and the double anti reverse system makes it ideal for most heavy duty tasks.

Thats my .02 on the subject. P N J
Coming from you, that's a strong endorsement. If I didn't already have 3 Castaic's I might try one LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hef View Post
Lizard, I have that video and I tell you what....KVD makes me sick with that pitch from about 30ft and "slides" it back another 15-20 feet under that dock. I don't know how he does it. I can skip, but not like that. I guess thats why he gets paid to fish and I have to pay to fish.
Yeah he sure makes it look easy rotfl. I can do the swinging pitch sometimes LOL. I however will probably never be good at skipping with a baitcaster(yes I know it can be done), it's just too much easier with a spinning rod. And I prefer fishing instead of picking out backlashes.

Lizards
Old 01-21-07, 07:21 PM   #29
pig n jig

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardsrule View Post
Coming from you, that's a strong endorsement. If I didn't already have 3 Castaic's I might try one LOL.
Well Its been a real rough day for my ego today.I got a Shimano Metanium XT, its a japanese version of the Chronach B that is a fraction lighter in weight.I am looking forward to putting it through the milfoil test.It gets worse than that, I broke my custom made Lamiglas flipping stick on a real large silver critter that hit my jigging spoon.It was my fault, using 50 lb braid, after about 15 minutes of cranking back long drag runs, I got impatient, cranked the drag down and started horsing the fish back to the boat.couldn't do alot with it once I could see its big silver reflection in the water, alot of head shaking and then it got under the boat and the next thing I knew, I landed on my @ss. The rod broke directly in front of the reel seat, I have never had that happen before.I took it back to the rodbuilder and he is going to make a 1 peice rod out of it for me, plus re-wrap another flipping stick I have had.You should have heard the squeaking of the braid on the guides and the reel seat creaking before it busted.I got some fiberglas shrapnel in my face and arm from the rod blank when it let go, I couldn't figure out where the hell the blood was coming from at first. Lmao... P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-07, 07:23 PM   #30
5282jt
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Ouch! That sucks a lot!

It's a sick feeling breaking a nice rod!
Been there, done that.
5282jt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-07, 10:21 PM   #31
skeeter944

wow,that stinks ivan! hope you didnt get to hurt.
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-07, 07:22 PM   #32
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig n jig View Post
Well Its been a real rough day for my ego today.I got a Shimano Metanium XT, its a japanese version of the Chronach B that is a fraction lighter in weight.I am looking forward to putting it through the milfoil test.
I knew there was hope for you I haven't owned any of the Chronarch's or Metaniums, but they may be in my future. Actually my next reel purchase is either a Slower ratio for cranking(but you already knew that), or the High speed for buzzzzzzzzzzzin, and traps. Sorry for your rod loss, but at least you were fighting a fish, and not slamming it in a rod locker right Reb LOL.

Lizards

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.