Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-12, 06:48 PM   #1
oglejust
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default took my boat out today

well it was 45 degrees today so i decided to try my new boat out. its a 93 stratos 201 xl pro with a 225hp johnson venom outboard. it runs beautifully but i did notice my steering was almost impossible to turn. i unhooked the suspected cable and sure enough it works great with only the 1 cable hooked up. any1 no where to get a cable like this? also i assume ive got to get it out of the metal piece with the gears (rack). another problem is that the front end of the boat comes up extremely high.. like way more than any boat ive ever been on. it gets on plane but when i slow down the water wants to go over the engine bc even at extremely slow speeds the boat is pointing really high. i think the jackplate need to be adjusted. i need to know wether i need to raise the engine up or lower it down on the jack plate. trim doesnt seem to help. other than that ive got everything working great and im very happy with my $2400 boat so far. thanks guys
oglejust is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.