Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 04-28-19, 11:29 AM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default My Cabelas AGM marine battery.

After two outings this year, it appears my Cabelas AGM battery finally needs replaced. I actually use it as a back up battery for my Minn Kota 65 trolling motor which I use for powering my 12 foot jon around the lake. When the main battery is pretty much done, I switch to the back up for the end of the days fishing and to get back to dock. BUT, here is what I wanted to mention in this post. I bought my Cabelas AGM batter in April of 2004! You read that right. That group 27 AGM battery has lasted 15 years!!! Have you ever heard of anyone getting that many years out of a battery? And I give it a lot of use during the year, getting out fishing on most weekends between ice up and ice out. It is garage kept which I suppose helped over the years, but still, 15 years? I have a feeling I should probably replace it with another just like it. Unless you have a better suggestion. I haven't looked at marine batteries for a few years now.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.