Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-06, 10:41 PM   #1
redcarpet
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Help please! fishing S. Carolina lake

I live on a privite pond or lake, it's about 50 acers. I just hooked my 1st largemouth about 4 months ago. I've do alot of saltwater fishing, but I have to say that Bass fishing offers the most enjoyment to me.
I'M STUCK IN A RUT. The people that live on the lake say that ever year at the end of may the bass school and strick at bait fish, but the last to years have not been the great. I saw this and casted a tiny torpedo, and got 3 fish around 7:45pm. The next day I went early from 9:00am-1:30pm. I got three that day, but they were swimming along the sea wall, so when I saw them I would just cast to them and they would take it( jitterbug & torpedo). I didnt get any strikes without seeing the fish 1st. I did get a 5pounder my biggest so far.
The last couple of days Ive started at 4pm till 9pm. I can't get any action. Ive fished the banks with(JITTERBUG, TINY TORPEDO, ZARA SPOOK, AND A ZARA PUPPY wisth no strikes at all. Ive also tryed a RAD-L along the banks with no luck. I did get a 6in bass last night on my zara puppy.
I see them hitting the bait fish on top, and cast on top of them, but they will not bite.
I'll tell you alittle about the lake and what lures I use.Anyone that can help please do.
You can see about 9ft in the lake. The lake also has some saltwater in it from the ashly river. Lots of docks. No grass just sand. there are a couple bays if you can call them that, but that is where i get most of my fish. The water temp is about 86f
Thanks for you help!!!!!!!!!!
redcarpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-06, 11:02 PM   #2
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you need to expand your arsenal a little-try some different baits. This time of year a spinnerbait or soft stickbait like a Tiki Stick or a Yom Dinger will produce-I fish them rigged with no weight either weedless:

or wacky:

Yes, that goofy looking rig catches fish .

Cast them out, let them settle, and work them with gentle twitches of the rod tip. I throw them in and around cover.
Old 07-27-06, 05:43 PM   #3
bassking22
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Try some rapalas, they work nicely for me, try some other plastiscs too, like a brush hog or a lizard. Throw a buzz bait where the sand stops.
Old 07-28-06, 10:23 AM   #4
striker23
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to striker23

Is this in Charleston?
striker23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.