Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-13, 02:51 PM   #1
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default My new boat

Fellas, as much as I loved the Triton 21X it was time to pass it along to let someone else fight that POS Etec that was on it. I would never hesitate to own another Triton, I loved that boat. However that will be the last time I will ever own an Etec. It was one thing after another with that motor, luckily it wasn't ever anything big but that makes little difference when it is giving you trouble while you're on the lake in the middle of a tournament. It got to the point that I wouldn't make long runs in tournaments even though I knew I had some fish on the other end of the lake to run to. I was just scared it would act up and I wouldn't make it back by check in time. A few months ago it cost me a check in a tournament and on the way home I decided that come hell or high water that motor wasn't going to screw me again. I started looking around and almost pulled the trigger on a few boats but I just didn't see any that were loaded with the options that I had in my Triton and I had a list of "Must have" options that I felt like I needed in a boat. Anyways we saw this Skeeter 21i on the internet and made the long drive to Searcy Arkansas to pick her up a few weeks ago. It's a 2008 with pretty low hours and all the options I could ask for. I am still getting used to driving her because every boat reacts differently in rough water but after a few trips I am starting to get pretty comfortable in it. It had a Humminbird 997 at the console so I had the dealer move it up front and mount my 1198 at the console. Now I have a 997 and 788 up front which is pretty handy when fishing deeper off shore stuff, I can use one graph for mapping and the other for sonar. The Power Poles are one of those things that once you have them you wonder how you ever made it without them. They are so handy and I use them in ways that I never even thought about. Anyways here are some pics of the new boat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Skeeter 21i.jpg
Views:	909
Size:	410.6 KB
ID:	8854   Click image for larger version

Name:	Skeeter21i#2.jpg
Views:	884
Size:	414.9 KB
ID:	8855   Click image for larger version

Name:	Skeeter21i#3.jpg
Views:	838
Size:	310.0 KB
ID:	8856   Click image for larger version

Name:	Skeeter21i#4.jpg
Views:	882
Size:	365.9 KB
ID:	8857  

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.