Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-06, 09:58 AM   #1
betursweetbass
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass
Default Win A Few, Lose A Few

I'd like to hear some of your opinions on how bass sometimes get off the hook or throw the hook. Saturday, Bassintxlady and I where out on the water and lost about 8 or 9 bass. I got a strike on a texas rigged soft plastic craw, and set the hook, as the bass took off running in about 6 feet of water to my right, I reset the hook, I thought I had that bass, but when she came up for her first jump, she shook her head and out popped my craw and hook. It's especially painfull because I could tell from the size of her mouth, she was about 7 pounds or better. Anyway, we lost a few more fish during the course of the day like this.
So, my question for you all is this:
1.)When a bass comes to the surface, after a good hook set, and does the ole head shake number and your bait flys out of its mouth, what does that tell you?
2.)And, if your reeling one in, and the fish is still under the water, but you lose the hook set (under water) what does that indicate to you all?

We ended up catching 10 bass, but lost almost as many, those odds seem to high to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts. Thanks
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.