Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-11, 12:23 AM   #151
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Boogie (can't remember your real name, sorry), as one of the couples you mentioned, we have no problem staying in a cabin with other people. As long as we just have our own room to sleep in, we don't mind sharing with others. I can't speak for anyone else, but we're fine with it.
As far as the chat, we've loosely agreed to make Sunday nights chat night. But we can easily set up a specific night and time to iron out the details of cabin arrangements. Might be tough finding one night that everybody can make it, but it's possible.
Old 01-20-11, 09:31 AM   #152
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Boogie...I am more than happy to split the 3BR cabin with you. WTL was going to share the 1BR with me and whoever, so he'd probably be fine with the 3BR as well, though I can't speak for him. We are all long-stayers, so check that out and see if it frees up a lot of space.

And yes, the chat will be a big help.
Old 01-20-11, 12:14 PM   #153
WTL

When it comes to me, I'll sleep on a couch, I'll sleep on a back porch, I will sleep on the deck of the boat - I dont care. Don't let any concern over my accommodations make the matching difficult, I will go wherever I am needed to make the details iron out.

They run on the plane after dark on the tennessee river all the time. Not many logs floating around wilson, but its still not as safe as I would want it to be. I normally barely get on the plane and sorta coast after dark, I will not run at WOT.
Old 01-20-11, 12:27 PM   #154
bassboogieman

OK, I'm following up with rearranging a few reservations. I am really happy you (WTL & NFE) are agreeable. That compromise will fill the beds in 3 BR unit, and save everyone a little money. There is a sofa is push comes to shove and we need to add additional another person, but not looking at that at this time. Nothing in stone yet, have other conflicts to reconcile, but this is a big hurdle we just jumped. Thanks.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-11, 11:02 PM   #155
keithdog

Thought I should bring this up now. I sleep in the buff, am prone to sleep walking, and have been known to start casting on the front porch sound asleep. Will this be a problem for any of you's?
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-11, 11:51 PM   #156
bassboogieman

As of 10:03 this evening, we now have an opening in our cabin. . . . interested individuals may apply via IM. Due to recent revelations, we have now instuted a short questionaire for potential cabin mates and require references, a recent photograph, and a note from your Doctor.
And, WTL I don't think you want to sleep on any porches.................... just a heads up, could get sticky.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 01-21-11 at 12:14 AM.
Old 01-21-11, 02:51 PM   #157
MississippiBoy

In another thread, the possibility of getting some crawfish for dinner one night came up. I happen to find this idea to my liking, so let's see who all may be interested in it. I figure there's got to be a place around there somewhere that sells crawfish. One place is called "Swamp John's Catfish." Now tell me that don't sound like they have crawfish...
Old 01-21-11, 04:49 PM   #158
bassboogieman

Yeah, that was me. Gotta be a BAIT SHOP nearby.

A bushel of Crawfish, corn and boiled red skin taters...............
Almost forgot and a few frosty brews. Man, I'm drooling -
Happens occasionaly with us old guys.
Old 01-21-11, 09:06 PM   #159
bamabassman

ok.like i said in the other thread. if oyu guys wanna add bass bait to the menu. fine by me. BUT YOU GOTTA COOK IT! HAHAHAHA!!!
Old 01-21-11, 10:06 PM   #160
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
ok.like i said in the other thread. if oyu guys wanna add bass bait to the menu. fine by me. BUT YOU GOTTA COOK IT! HAHAHAHA!!!
I gladly volunteer to cook (and eat) the bass bait! (helicopter lure stew, crankbait pie, and fire tiger cookies)

Speaking of food, I'll also be bringing triple the amount of "shut up dogs" that I brought to KY Lake (which was already 4x the recipe, lol). Since they were almost all gone before the fish was done, I figure they'll all get eaten to matter how many I bring.

BB
Old 01-22-11, 08:45 AM   #161
bamabassman

you got it ant. and the shut up dawgs sounds great too.
Old 01-22-11, 04:49 PM   #162
WTL

There is a "po boy factory" in Huntsville, if someone wants to bring in an order. I'm sure they have crawfish along with gator, and other cajun delicacies that are not endemic to that area of alabama.

Bryce, I found out yesterday that they are stocking Shoal creek, which runs into wilson, with rainbow trout up in lawrenceburg tennessee. It sure made my eyebrows raise as that is known as one of the main tributaries flowing into wilson. Not that there will be any trout at all making it anyway near alabama, but its not too far away and might be on your way down. Just watch for the amish in their buggies on 43...
Old 01-23-11, 09:16 AM   #163
bamabassman

mrs. dickerson and krystle will split a cabin with lisa and i. so that frees up a 1 bedroom cabin.

now here is soemthing we all need to do gang. not wanting to stir up anything, but we all need to figure the cost and split it up. tally up the total and split it evenly. that way no one gets upset. i know we will do that, just wanted to put it on paper. everybody cool witht this?
Old 01-23-11, 10:52 AM   #164
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
mrs. dickerson and krystle will split a cabin with lisa and i. so that frees up a 1 bedroom cabin.

now here is soemthing we all need to do gang. not wanting to stir up anything, but we all need to figure the cost and split it up. tally up the total and split it evenly. that way no one gets upset. i know we will do that, just wanted to put it on paper. everybody cool witht this?
I'm cool with it.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-11, 12:13 PM   #165
nobass

works for me
Old 01-23-11, 12:56 PM   #166
MississippiBoy

Some people are staying longer than others. I think Bryce is going to be there from Monday till Sunday, for example. I don't think we need to include those days in the total...maybe just Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights.
Old 01-23-11, 01:47 PM   #167
bamabassman

that is what i mean daniel. worded it wrong i know. split the days you are staying is correct.
Old 01-23-11, 02:41 PM   #168
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I think Bruce wanted to get the arrangements somewhat finalized before splitting costs.

As for the different days people are staying, that's why people who are staying the same or similar amounts of time are going to be in the same cabins. That way its easier to split the cost of the cabin between the occupants without having to deal with mismatched days.

BB
Old 01-23-11, 02:43 PM   #169
nofearengineer

Thanks for the tip on Shoal Creek, Billy. I'll be sure to look into it. Somehow, I actually managed to get a tax refund this year, so I'll be picking up my flyrod soon so I can get some practice false casting and shooting line. I watched some guys roll casting, and it looks like a monkey could do that. Hell, I've been roll casting the garden hose in the front yard my whole life when it got stuck on something haha.
Old 01-23-11, 02:45 PM   #170
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
I think Bruce wanted to get the arrangements somewhat finalized before splitting costs.

As for the different days people are staying, that's why people who are staying the same or similar amounts of time are going to be in the same cabins. That way its easier to split the cost of the cabin between the occupants without having to deal with mismatched days.

BB

Yes, at this point, I think nailing down an exact price is not possible in all cases. However, a ballpark figure is pretty simple. Boogie posted the rates for all of the cabins...just split that number by the number of people per night. Don't forget to split the tax too. The guy who is "paying for the cabin" doesn't want to pay the tax for 4 people.
Old 01-23-11, 03:28 PM   #171
bamabassman

oh i agree guys. i jsut wanted to get out that everyone lbe splittin the cost somewhat. some will pay more than others of course, but it will all work out. i can't put the proper words down guys. still in a funk ok? i am sorry about that. i just ain't thinkin too good still.
Old 01-23-11, 05:27 PM   #172
bassboogieman

Sent an IM John. That was my intent behind matching individuals to a cabin for similiar if not exact lenght of time. It's good so far with cabin mates splitting evenly the cost of the cabin. It's also my reason for trying to get people to share cabins - reduce the cost to each individual. Otherwise I'd like a private cabin all to myself - NOT!

Oh, and while I'm here, the talk about a crawfish boil was finally just too much for me. Went to Joe's Crab Shack in Wilmington last night and had some. Ummmmmmmmmm good they was. Had their crab balls for an appitizer, then the steamer pot of crawfish, shrimp, redskin taters, corn on the cob, and andouli (spelling?) sausage, hush puppies and iced tea. No room for dessert. Daummmmmmm, I'm good for a few months, I think.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 01-23-11 at 06:16 PM.
Old 01-23-11, 09:57 PM   #173
bamabassman

got it boogie, sent one back bud.
Old 01-28-11, 12:49 PM   #174
Old Hooker
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I had planned on taking vacation that week to fish my local lake for the first time from my own boat and learn it a little better. IF everything stemming from my divorce is pretty much done by then, I would like to attend also. I'll just need to find out a little more about the lawyers/court/ex's agenda before I can say for sure. In the meantime, I guess put me down as a definate maybe. Jim
Old 01-28-11, 07:48 PM   #175
bamabassman

COME ON HOOKER!!!!! we could use an OLD HOOKER, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.