Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-11, 10:13 PM   #1
JerseyFisher
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Rod Help

So I'm looking for a new rod for the Citica that I just got. I plan on it being an all around rod mainly focused on t-rigs though. So I was planning on a 7' MH F rod. I'm looking a four options now. St. Croix Premier and Mojo Bass, both of which I already have, but in different sizes that I really like. Shimano's new rods are set to come out 7/23, so says TackleWarehouse. So I'm looking at the new Compres and they come in 6'8'' and 7'2'' MH what would be better for all around purpose. I was thinking they would both be fine, 6'8'' more accurate, 7'2'' longer casting... not much else in difference. My final option would be one of the G Loomis GL2s that are now on clearance. $50 more than the other three and only available in a 6'6'' MH, so I don't know if it would be worth it. I've handled the old Compres and GL2 and both felt nice. I think I'm gonna throw the Citica on my 6'6'' Lightning rod to see if I think the feel of it on a shorter rod, although it would be nothing like the GL2.

A lot of thoughts going on in my head now. Help me out, what are your thoughts?
JerseyFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 10:22 PM   #2
TennTyrant

Powell 733 would be a good choice I think, I am getting one for t rigs and spinnerbaits.
TennTyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 10:23 PM   #3
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

From what I understand, besides the appearance changes, the Shimano rods have just been rebadged. The Compre supposedly is on the old Crucial blank, the Crucial on the old Cumara blank, etc. IF this is true, the Compre would be tough to beat at that price. If you spend more, I'd take a look at the new Crucials.

BB
Old 07-13-11, 10:34 PM   #4
JerseyFisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
From what I understand, besides the appearance changes, the Shimano rods have just been rebadged. The Compre supposedly is on the old Crucial blank, the Crucial on the old Cumara blank, etc. IF this is true, the Compre would be tough to beat at that price. If you spend more, I'd take a look at the new Crucials.

BB
What did you have the Citica on?
Old 07-13-11, 10:41 PM   #5
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Couple different rods, usually as a backup reel. 6'6" MH F Bass Pro JM Signature, 7'6" MH F AG Vendetta, and 7' MH F Dobyns DX703C. It really moved around to whatever rod needed a reel at the time, but I usually used it for plastics when I used it.

The Citica working out good for you (if you've tried it)?

BB
Old 07-14-11, 10:02 AM   #6
JerseyFisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Couple different rods, usually as a backup reel. 6'6" MH F Bass Pro JM Signature, 7'6" MH F AG Vendetta, and 7' MH F Dobyns DX703C. It really moved around to whatever rod needed a reel at the time, but I usually used it for plastics when I used it.

The Citica working out good for you (if you've tried it)?

BB

Just put it on my Lightning Rod before work this morning, with a T-Rigged brush hog. Casted off my dock a couple times, very smooth. Caught a 14' SMB. I like it a lot so far.

I think I am going to pre order a Compre. What do you think would be better? 6'8'' or 7'2'' both in MH F.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.