Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-11, 03:40 PM   #1
Z-Man
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Abu Garcia Revo SX HS

I just received my order from tackle warehouse. Besides the plethora of plastics and some new goodies, I got my revo 7:1 reel to go on my crucial flippin rod. I must say, this is one awesome reel! It is one of the smoothest, lightest and best looking reels on the market for the price. I put some 50 lb. power pro on it for good measure. On the other end of the line is a new spro poppin frog in natural green. I am really looking forward to thursday when I can go try this setup out.

Just wanted to put my thoughts out there, in case anybody is on the fence about this reel vs... brand X. I also have a Curado E7 on my MH crucial and while I am very impressed with it, the Curado simply isn't in the same league as the Revo.
Old 07-11-11, 06:44 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

ya know z-man............oyu can get folks really mad at you saying this sort of stuff. BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! KIDDING PAL! glad oyu like the set up. and yes........i am jelous.
Old 07-11-11, 07:03 PM   #3
carolina-rig-01

I have yet to throw a reel that I thought was better than the Revo SX. I have a boat load of them and so far, not a single problem. Congrats on a great reel, I know you will love it.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-11, 07:08 PM   #4
Z-Man
BassFishin.Com Member

Now I just have to hope I got the braid spooled correctly. I used some P-line CXX I had laying around first and then tied the braid in with a double uni. I made sure to keep plenty of tension on the braid as I spooled it on. It is neatly placed and fairly even across. Fist time with braid and tying line together, so we will see how it goes.
Old 07-11-11, 09:37 PM   #5
bamabassman

now spray it with KVD reel and line conditioner. let it soak in overnight and you are ready to go.
Old 07-11-11, 09:55 PM   #6
keithdog

Your going to LOVE that combo pal!!! I would put my SX up against any casting reel on the market. Mine casts a country mile! And smoooooooth. Oh baby! I also have a Crucial rod for pitchin. Your going to love that rod too!!!! Congrats BIG TIME!
Old 07-11-11, 11:01 PM   #7
Bassboss

Congrats on the new reel! I haven't fished either the SX or curado, but the SX feels awesome, smoother and "tighter" then the curado.

One tip though.. next time you use a main line to backing knot, use the albright. Just use 4 or 5 turns, you'll be fine as long as you don't cast down to the backing. It's a much smaller knot too.
Old 07-12-11, 05:28 AM   #8
Z-Man
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks for the tips guys, and yeah the double uni is a bit much. I wanted to make sure that mother wasnt going to fail though. That would be my luck and I would watch all of my braid go flying along with my spro frog. haha I really need to get some KVD line conditioner. I hear everybody talking about it. Does it also work on FC??
Old 07-12-11, 06:23 PM   #9
bamabassman

i don't have any flour on any of my reels, but it is supposed to work on ANY type of line. so go for it. it is safe to use man.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.