Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-10, 08:03 PM   #1
DJ_Callahan_27
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Transducer ???

Ok guys, I've always been a Lowrance fan myself but my dad just bought a Humminbird unit. My question is about a transducer that he bought for it.
XNT 9 QB 90 T

Quadra Beam, 20/60/90 Degree, 200/83/455 kHz with built in temperature.

It claims to have a 90 degree beam. That means if your in 20' of water you would be seeing 40' of the bottom of the lake.

Does anyone have a Humminbird unit with this transducer, if so what are your thoughts on it and does it really have a 90 degree beam?

Most other brands have the 200/83 kHz, 20/60 degree transducers but this one is the first one that I have seen that claims to have 90

Thanks DJ
DJ_Callahan_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-10, 10:36 PM   #2
BassMoJo
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to BassMoJo

I believe 200/83 is 60/120 (they say?) As far as Hummingbird's go I couldnt tell you, I have a Lowrance and have nothing nice to say about HB.
Old 02-15-10, 11:07 PM   #3
DJ_Callahan_27
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I really like Lowrance and have nothing bad to say about them either. I was just wondering about this claim by HB. I'm hoping to get a HDS with the Structure Scan some time this year (if the wife ok's it...lol...). My dad just bought a 917CI HB with that transducer is the reason for my interest.
DJ_Callahan_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-10, 08:49 AM   #4
Bob Smith
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

The most difficult thing to ascertain with any transducer is "where" the fish is located inside the cone. All arches appear to be directly in the path of travel. This is simply not true a good deal of the time. Even with a 20 degree cone in 20' of water you still have a lot of water that the fish could be in and still not be under the boat. I spend a lot time crisscrossing the images to pin point them before I ever drop the first bait. I would imagine a 90 degree cone would be a real challenge when it comes down to narrowing down the location of those arches due to the large area that you are scanning.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.