Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-13, 10:04 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default My Area Gander Mountain

I walked into our local Gander Mountain in NW Indiana and was in shock! They remodeled recently and they have gone 100% hunting. They have NO fishing department anymore, No camping, except a couple items, No regular clothing, just hunting apparel, I didn't even see any pet supplies. I didn't recognize the place. I'm not sure what their reasoning is for this. I guess with BPS and Cabelas, both within a half hours drive, they felt they couldn't compete. But I find that hard to believe. Every time I have been in GM, the fishing isles have always been hopping, to the point where people were always in my way. And all the other departments always seemed to be the same way. This is really a disappointment because of the big 3, GM was the closest and the only place I could get certain things. I could nearly always find what I needed there, often more so than BPS. GM was the only store around who carried Flouroclear in 20 pound test. BPS never has at the store. Only mail order. Needless to say, I'm pretty bummed about it.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.