Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-08, 12:59 PM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default sweet revenge

tuckertown lake after the dismal day fishing saturday. i headed back to tuckertown- fished it friday-.water was 57-58 and stained..i hit it with a vengance.. i did feel a bit alone at 7:15 am and the only truck in the ramp lot.

i hauled but to my favorite lil hole-15 mintue run- second cast and

now go back and look at the upper picture.. see any wind or clouds??
notice what is hanging from the fishes jaw??

don't get you panties in a bunch it aint a stien..-i built it just not a stien-

after catching 4 more in 4-5 feet of water. i ran to the main lake mid lake section and hit a rubble wall in about 5-6 feet of water. i hooked up some thing that felt huge..i had no control it went left and right at will finally after a good 3-4 mintue battle i bring this bass to the boat. only something was wrong with this fish his eyes were glazed over and he stunk like week old road kill. i did not lip or boat this NASTY beast.. now he would have gone 5 pounds easy..

i have never seen a bass in quite this condition..and still be that frisky.. as soon as the pic was taken he went under the boat..i un hooked him with my pliers alone. the smell alone was MIND blowin..

i went on and caught several more bass on both cranks and a shakey head..

zooker
Old 03-23-08, 01:32 PM   #2
lunker-lander
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

The only thing I see hanging from the fishes maw is a spinnerbait. Am I missing something here??

-Lunk-
Old 03-23-08, 07:49 PM   #3
bamabassman

lunker that is what he is telling you... what bait he used buddy. look at it closely.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-08, 08:46 PM   #4
zooker

bama you and lunker are too new to this board to understand excatly why i posted a picture with a spinnerbait fish..ifin memory serves me right i have only posted two other pictures of a bass with a blade in it's mouth. it is not that i don't catch a LOT of bass on a blade,which i do..

it is because i make ultra custom spinnerbaits of which only a handful of members here actually have received..

zooker
Old 03-23-08, 09:08 PM   #5
lunker-lander
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

Quite soon I'll be making buzzbaits. I want this to be my strong lure, so I have my rod and reel already in mind!

-Lunk-
Old 03-23-08, 11:01 PM   #6
bamabassman

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH, sorry zooker. nice spinner too. i have one similier, but not quite the same. yes i looked real close at it, lol. very high quality material you use. would love to have one or a hundred, lol. i really like the white spinners seeing as that is the general spinner to use here at guntersville. with the white skirt i might add.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-08, 12:34 AM   #7
Patrick Krueger, Jr.
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

That Tuckertown Lake is gorgeous! I can't wait until these lakes up here finish thawing.

I wonder what was with the stinky, glazed-eyed bass you foul hooked. Do you think it was just dying?
Old 03-24-08, 05:57 PM   #8
zooker

bama
that is a strike king quick skirt and a gotcha 4" grub.the gotcha's are a salt water grub. read that tough as he!!- though it is a pain to rig due to it being made for fish with teeth. i think that grub has been on there 2 years or so..

pat

i don't know it fought too well to be 1/2 dead..

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.