Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-06, 06:29 PM   #1
weaverml34
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Help!!!!! Rod Selection

Allright guys, I just had my birthday and for some reason my parents, and the in law's feel like they have to throw chunks of money my way. I'm 31 now but if they're going to give to me I'm going to take it. Especially since my two year old takes most of the extra coinage we've got right now. I'm looking at buying a 7'6" flipping stick to add to my arsenal. I've got it narrowed down to a Fenwick HMG, Falcon Lowrider, or an Airrus Co-Matrix 457. For those of you that have fished with all or any of these I'd appreciate your thoughts. Or if you have any other suggestions in the $130.00 range let me know.
weaverml34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-06, 06:54 PM   #2
Vabass22
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Falcon Lowrider. Now go out, buy it, then catch a B-Day Hawg!
Vabass22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-06, 08:17 PM   #3
ToPwAt'R GuY
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

My flipping stick is a fenwick and I love it.
ToPwAt'R GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-06, 08:34 PM   #4
BPACA

Check out a walmart...get a team daiwa v rod for like 30 bucks if its on sale...awesome rod! In two days it has gotten me two fish over 5 pounds!
BPACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-06, 09:32 PM   #5
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Normally I'd say Falcon Low Rider-most of my rods are Low Riders, but I really like my Fenwick Techna AV, although I rarely flip/pitch. I only fish one lake that is what I consider a good flipping lake.
Old 11-25-06, 10:20 PM   #6
skeeter944

try the shimano crucial series rods,their flipping stick is like $150,but it is woth the money.
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-06, 10:22 PM   #7
texasbasser

Send a message via Yahoo to texasbasser

fenwick low rider is for me
texasbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-06, 01:15 AM   #8
Jolly

Falcon for me....or you could save up and get a loomis!

Jolly
Old 11-26-06, 06:11 AM   #9
pig n jig

If you buy a Falcon Low Rider, make sure you buy the 5 power rated flipping stick if your going to pitch with it as well as flip.In a matter of time from stress of pulling bass and wads of milfoil in the boat, I broke the Falcon Low Rider I had, but it was a good stick for me.I use A castaway Bud Pruitt series flipping sticks now,They are more sensitive than the Falcon was,durable as hell, come with a 5 year warranty, which I have never had to use so far, but are only $109.00.
http://www.nbswebstore.com/cgi-bin/w...RAPHITE%20RODS
I Have owned 5 so far and never a problem with any of them.I sold Haynesn one here on the site.I sold the originals to buy the Castaway Bud Pruitt HG40 series rods which were supposed to be better.They are lighter, but sensitivity wise, I cannot tell that they are any better than the original series.I now own 2 original MH and a HG40 Heavy which rate about the same in my opinion.The HG40 series are a softer action blank than the originals are.They are $129.00 which with shipping puts you over your price range.
http://www.nbswebstore.com/cgi-bin/w...RAPHITE%20RODS
P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-06, 09:39 AM   #10
weaverml34

Decisions, decisions. Thanks for all of your advice. I actually bid on a Fenwick HMG on Ebay. If I get it for $82.00 including shipping I'll be happy. If not I'm really leaning towards the Airrus Co-Matrix. After searching on the net I've heard nothing but good reviews about them.
Old 11-26-06, 11:32 AM   #11
pig n jig

Strap, If you get the airrus let me know how you like it.I just sold a HMG Carbon veil rod, It was a really nice rod, but I hated the titanium guides it had on them.Nothing wrong with the guides, I just hated the looks of them, but the rod fished great, detected bites better than most rods I have used.By the way Happy belated birthday. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-06, 11:53 AM   #12
Vabass22

I really Love my Lowrider. Landed over 100 bass on it this year, not a single problem. My dad spent the same amount on a Pfleuger rod, and is always asking to use my Falcon. Your choice, and thats JUST MY OPINION.
Vabass22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-06, 02:23 PM   #13
weaverml34

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig n jig View Post
Strap, If you get the airrus let me know how you like it.I just sold a HMG Carbon veil rod, It was a really nice rod, but I hated the titanium guides it had on them.Nothing wrong with the guides, I just hated the looks of them, but the rod fished great, detected bites better than most rods I have used.By the way Happy belated birthday. P N J
Thanks PNJ! I'm kinding of hoping that I don't get the Fenwick on Ebay. I have nothing against Fenwick. I know they are good rods and I would be happy with it. From the three rods I have it narrowed done to it's probaly six, half dozen the other. I've just heard so many good things about Airrus that I'm kind of excited to give them a try. If I get the Airrus I'll definitely let you know how I like it.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.