Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-06, 10:48 PM   #1
abugarcia6
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default great day

i had the greatest day of fishin all year today, i caught 6 bass. 3 caught on a white super fluke. One on a rapala DT-6. 1 on a rapala original. And 1 on a neon green trick worm. How was everyone elses day?
Old 03-11-06, 10:50 PM   #2
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

4 on a deep running red crank on a rock/gravel bank.
Old 03-11-06, 11:06 PM   #3
JigginJim
BassFishin.Com Member

9, ...... 6 on a lizard, and 3 on a Tiki Stick. 3.14 max.

> JJ
JigginJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-06, 11:30 PM   #4
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

0, worked all dang day, and working all dang day tommorrow too. Crap, I can smell the Hawgs waiting for my bait LOL.

Lizards
Old 03-12-06, 01:10 AM   #5
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I went friday after work. Caught 4 on a spinnerbait, one an a minus-1, 6 on a beaver bait. They were all 12 to 14 inches. This is in the private lake I fish that is so overcrowed with small bass. I wish the owner would let some culling take place. His answer-No, because everybody catches them. Before I started fishing there the old owner would allow culling and there were good size bass being caught. I'm sure there are some bigger fish in there but no boats are allowed and there isn't any shore cover to speak of. There are so many small bass that you can cast to the same place and pull fish (small) till your arm gets tired. The biggest I've caught from there is a 3 lber. My friend has an 8lber. on his wall from there. The old owner used to allow night fishing. Now you have to stop when it starts to get dark. My friend told me that is when they used to catch the larger bass, at night on surface plugs. It justs to seem that the dinks bite before the bigger fish can get to a bait.

Bob
Old 03-12-06, 01:12 AM   #6
bass kicker

0 went for catfish and they wernt biting but there was still ice on the lake
Old 03-15-06, 10:06 PM   #7
seaphantom

Send a message via AIM to seaphantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbob
I went friday after work. Caught 4 on a spinnerbait, one an a minus-1, 6 on a beaver bait. They were all 12 to 14 inches. This is in the private lake I fish that is so overcrowed with small bass. I wish the owner would let some culling take place. His answer-No, because everybody catches them. Before I started fishing there the old owner would allow culling and there were good size bass being caught. I'm sure there are some bigger fish in there but no boats are allowed and there isn't any shore cover to speak of. There are so many small bass that you can cast to the same place and pull fish (small) till your arm gets tired. The biggest I've caught from there is a 3 lber. My friend has an 8lber. on his wall from there. The old owner used to allow night fishing. Now you have to stop when it starts to get dark. My friend told me that is when they used to catch the larger bass, at night on surface plugs. It justs to seem that the dinks bite before the bigger fish can get to a bait.

Bob
MAN we have the same situation.

What is culling?

I am trying to fish these little minnow bass out, but it's kinda hard on a 50 acre lake.

How many fish do I take out before it can affect the bass to the point of potential of catching decent size bass?

sp
Old 03-15-06, 11:25 PM   #8
lovinfishin9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to lovinfishin9

went fishing on sunday, didnt catch anything. ill be fishing this saturday too. hopefully ill catch some.
Old 03-16-06, 12:41 AM   #9
betursweetbass

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass
Default Wednesday 15Mar06

Had some time to go out with bassintxlady to our friendly neighborhood pond, we caught a total of 11 nice bass. But we couldn't work on our tans any, due to the cold front coming thru houston this week.
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-06, 02:37 AM   #10
KenDammit

good job on all the catches guys..better luck next time for anyone not catching!
KenDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-06, 09:27 AM   #11
NCYankee

I went Monday and am going today. We have had unusually warm weather with plenty of sun. I am assuming the air pressure is affecting the fish because I only caught five dinks on a suspending jerk bait and spinner and a good sized crappie on a lipless crank. The bass were very tight to cover and fairly shallow.
NCYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-06, 03:23 PM   #12
everettvet

I went fishing yesterday with my dad. I caught 7 in about 2 hours. They all weighed from 1.5-2.5 pounds. They were caught on a 3" black/blue tube and on a 1/16 Black rooster tail. I was using an ultralight with the rooster tail and 4 lb. line. Those were fun. By the way, I had one break off of the ultralight with a rooster tail. I guess that is the price of doing business.

Just for the record, Dad caught 0.
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-06, 04:55 PM   #13
bassinbob

I used the word culling meaning to take out smaller bass so there isn't as much compition for food. The only forage in this lake is bluegill and crawfish. Plus the other cratures that inhabit or visit the lake (frogs, Lizards, etc.). I am not sure how you would go about this properly but I estimate it probably wouldn't hurt to throw out about 200 of these small bass. The lake I am talking about is about 10 acres. My friend who used to catch a lot of larger bass said they used to take out about 5 or so everytime they fished there. There is a nice stream that runs along this lake so the bass weren't wasted.

Bob
Old 03-17-06, 10:35 PM   #14
bass kicker

i might go on sunday if it warms up a little bit more and the flood waters recede

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.