Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-12, 12:14 PM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Saw Kriet on Fishing Texas show

He was telling about his Triton Boat, guess shows sponser.
Anyway he went to the front and pointing to the HYDROWAVE and said it was a must. Then went to the rear and grabed the power pole and said it was a must. This was his tourney boat.
You know he and Vandam own hydro but you know competitive fishing. They all got power polls and I think they ALL have a hydros too.

So for you anti Alabama Rig for tourney folks, what do you think about this.
Man to me tossing a heavy arse Alabama all day is more competitive then calling the fish to the boat.
I'm pretty sure you can't chum in tournies and the logic behind no Alabama is that it's a technique, not a lure. Can't troll in tournies and you can't Alabama Rig because the officials felt it was similar to trolling.
Well chuming...hydrowaving, kind similar right?

I really have no conviction on either topic but it maybe fun to discuss. This isn't about do they work, rather about should they be allowed.
You notice not alot of them are mentioning it at weight in or post tourny interviews including VanDam and Kriet and I flat out guarntee you they both have them on all the time thier fishing tournies. If they don't mention anything about them my feeling is they want to kind of keep it non public knowledge type a thing.
Would everyone have the same feelings about VanDam if they thought electronics were calling in the fish.
How many KVD square bill sales would be lost and for that matter any new lure especially the high buck ones would be lost.
You think thier other sponsers like Strke Kiing and such make them keep quiet do to fear of lost sales.
It wasn't the tourney fisherman who wanted the Alabama banned it was fear of public scrutiny and the fear anyone including no talents like me could compete on even basis. In other words, 'It's not the fishermans talent that makes him great, it's the equipment'.
So what do you all think?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.