Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-08, 09:17 PM   #1
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Need some financial help/advice

Does anyone have any FIRST-hand knowledge of their wife or neighbor or someone who has a true stay at home job that actually makes money? The ones on tv, in magazines, and in the mailers seem like scams. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-08, 09:38 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i know of a guy who's wife works for a doctor or something and it is strictly from her laptop at home. don't know much about the details but i know she makes good money.
Old 09-29-08, 09:40 PM   #3
bamabassman

hahaha, sorry f&g. the ONLY stay at home job i have ever heard of for a woman that ACTUALLY PAYS is one we won't mention here and the other is if she has a really good computer degree and knows how to farm out her work from there. and i have heard that THAT takes time to build. if you find one, let me know. i want to have a stay at home job as well.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-08, 10:22 PM   #4
Fishnngolfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
i know of a guy who's wife works for a doctor or something and it is strictly from her laptop at home. don't know much about the details but i know she makes good money.
We looked into doctor stuff like that. It requires a course that costs about $1500 and it doesn't guarantee a job. You have to find an office that allows data input and billing to be done at home.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-08, 11:20 PM   #5
cassidyta

Some web and database design can be done from home and pays rather well.
Not the best in this market, but real estate can be done from a home office.
Both of these trades will require training to pull it off.
There is always being a day trader, but in this market you might as well try to make a living playing on line poker.
Most TV and internet ads that talk about working from home are pyramid schemes and need to be avoided.
Probably, the best way is to start a business. Of course that requires capital and a business plan.
You could search monster or if techincal jobs dice.com. Both will let you search for telecommute or AWA. Alternate Work Agreement. These are USUALLY legitimate jobs that can be done in part from home.

Hope this helps
Old 09-29-08, 11:22 PM   #6
cassidyta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnngolfn View Post
We looked into doctor stuff like that. It requires a course that costs about $1500 and it doesn't guarantee a job. You have to find an office that allows data input and billing to be done at home.

One last thing. The Dr stuff from home can be a real problem if your home network is not very secure. If that data compromised it could be a federal issue due to HIPPA standards
Old 09-29-08, 11:23 PM   #7
Bender

I work from home, as I type this from a hotel in Mansfield, OH . My office is there and I spend about half of my time there and the rest on the road. It is very difficult to stay focused and actually get work done from the house though.
I think that there will be more and more jobs from home in the future due to the cost of commuting. I think that you would need to start your own business if you want to make money from home though.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-08, 02:52 PM   #8
flfireman

My wife has been a medical transcriptionist for 7 years. She works for 1 doc and does everything from home. Doesn't make a ton o' money, but she pays her credit cards and pays the insurance for both trucks, both boats and the motorcycle. Also has a little left over for shopping. She pulls her hair out sometimes but that's usually because of the kids bothering her while at work.
Old 09-30-08, 05:16 PM   #9
bamabassman

flfireman, that is the one job i was trying to think of. i have a neice that got a 2 year degree in that. says she hates it,lmao. i told her to stick it out and go back to school. she is going back now to become an elementary teacher. but i agree that that is a nice job if you can handle the stress. some doctors are not that great to work for and NONE of them can write real well. ever try to read their writing? lol.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.