Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-07, 08:32 AM   #1
usamarshal
BassFishin.Com Member

Angry I need assistance...

I'm trying to put new fuel line hoses coming from the tank to the fuel valve, but I'm having a hell of a problem getting the fiberglass seating deck off. I unscrewed all the bolts and screws that I could find, but the dang thing won't come off. It seems like its glued down. Should I use a crowbar or what do get the portion that I think is glued down loose? Thanks for any help because its a pain in my ***, Skip
usamarshal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 06:19 PM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

whoa!! #1 what boat?? what year??

the back deck WILL NOT come off. you will have to remove the entire top cap.thats the area above the rub rail all the way around the boat..

most bassboats have a removable gas tanks..that are held down buy 4-6 lag bolts-large screws-remove these and the tank will move any where you want it too.most are designed to come out the big rear hatch..

ok now the belly tanks and the under seat jobs. which you can not remove btw.
there should be some access hatches some where.. these hatches are by design located right around the hose contection,fuel sender,and gauge wiring. which all goes into the fuel tank at the same place.how else do ya think they rig them at the factory??.if you have one of these tanks you may have to fish the hose back thru with a straightened coat hanger..

zooker
Old 04-12-07, 08:05 AM   #3
usamarshal
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks for the reply. Its a 1992 Stratos 201...I don't want to take off the back deck, just the base where the seats are. I have it halfway off now, but it seems to be glued down right in the middle. Every time I try lifting it up I feel like its going to break and I really don't want to do that......I'll have to take a look at it again tonight. It would make cleaning the tanks and replacing the hoses so much easier if I could.
Old 04-12-07, 08:17 AM   #4
usamarshal
BassFishin.Com Member

Alright, I attached a pic of what I'm talking about and where the base is that I'm having trouble getting off. I have over half of it off now, but there is a section in the middle where there is a 90 degree angle...where the bottom seats attach to...that I'm having trouble getting off. Thanks for any help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Boat5.JPG
Views:	430
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	1595  
Old 04-12-07, 05:58 PM   #5
zooker

this is a seat tank- see my post above- it is an L shaped beast. the gas gauge lies like a dog-always have always will-the hoses are likely on the driver side you should remove the rear compartment liner and have acess to them..

as i stated before you likely have to REMOVE the entire top cap to remove that gas tank..it is likly glued to the tank for added suport..

i have sent an im to a pro boat resto guy he would know..will get back to you on his answer..

zooker

Last edited by zooker; 04-12-07 at 06:06 PM.
zooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-07, 08:19 AM   #6
usamarshal
BassFishin.Com Member

Hey man, yeah...thats exactly what it is...its an L shaped beast!!! I don't think I'll take out the tanks if I have to take the top half of the boat off...I'll just replace the hoses and anything else that looks to need to be replaced...the L shaped cover should only be held down by screws or do you think its glued down too?
Old 04-13-07, 06:04 PM   #7
zooker

ever see a car gas tank ?? same thing with boat tanks. there are the fill hoses-passanger side- there is a large hole with sending unit, hoses, gauge wiring hookups.. normally found on the driver side.. odds are they are glued down..as the tank is also part of the back deck suport..

zooker
Old 04-15-07, 08:36 AM   #8
FlyRod
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

USA,

Go to BBC (BassBoatCentral.com) and find the Stratos/Javelin forum in the BBC Boards section. These guys will help you in every way they can. There is also a seperate Bassboat Restoration forum where they will be eager to assist as well.

Linky:
http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/

Scroll down to the Stratos/Javelin forum.

FR
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.