Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-07, 04:12 AM   #1
WallStreetAmigo
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Nice Fall Bass

Hey All,

Here is a nice 4+ pound fall LM I caught a couple of weeks ago. I was deadsticking a plastic worm in a hole in a submerged weed bed, or as we up here in Canada call it, I was untangling a huge snarl from my brothers reel and totally ignoring my rod until it almost went over the side of the boat.....LOL. I do give myself credit for knowing where to cast and I give my brother credit for knowing how to tangle the %#$@ out of a spinning reel...LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GetAttachment.jpg
Views:	560
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	1811  
WallStreetAmigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-07, 07:46 AM   #2
skeeter944
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Great fish amigo! WTG!
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-07, 01:07 PM   #3
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

been there done that. but with me it usually ends with a lot of cursing instead of a beautiful fish like that. way to go!
Old 10-16-07, 01:54 PM   #4
GregK9
BassFishin.Com Member

Sweeeeeet!!
GregK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-07, 08:18 PM   #5
Wags

Send a message via AIM to Wags Send a message via Yahoo to Wags

LMAO Wallstreet...that is tooo funny. That is how it usually goes. If you make a great cast into a specific tiny little area....never a hit....when you totally miss what you were looking at or like you did,....leave it in the water as a forgotten cast.....WHAMMMMOOOO. I respect you're honesty!!!....easy to create a nice lil' bit o' fiction to make yourself appear to be JOE PRO FISHING DUDE....well done
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 06:55 PM   #6
kennsandy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to kennsandy

very nice wallstreet.

that is my favorite way to fish my wacky rigged senkos, lol. cast far out, put rod down, and get a drink or a lil snack, lol. have had some of my best fish wacky style ignoring it for a few. it is great to be able to stumble upon a beauty like that, and then share that luck has a ton to do with the whole thing.

keep up the good work.

ken
kennsandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-07, 05:54 PM   #7
Charles E. White
BassFishin.Com Member

Pretty fish Wallstreet! Looks healthy, doesn't it
Old 10-19-07, 10:57 PM   #8
WallStreetAmigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles E. White View Post
Pretty fish Wallstreet! Looks healthy, doesn't it
The bass in this particular lake always seem to be very vibrant and healthy looking (and great fighters too!!!!), but they seem to be a wee bit anorexic when it comes to their weight. I weighed this fish on a handheld digital scale and it came up a shade over four pounds. I have seen pictures of other bass on other websites that are nowhere near the size of that bass where the fisherman claims it is 6 to 8 pounds. Oh well, it put up a good fight and because of the ultra clear water in the lake, I got to see the whole fight. It really is neat to see what a fish tries to do when it's hooked. I horsed him up above the weed tops and he tried as hard as he could to get back down there. It was a great education in fighting bigger fish.
Old 10-20-07, 09:46 PM   #9
Charles E. White
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
I have seen pictures of other bass on other websites that are nowhere near the size of that bass where the fisherman claims it is 6 to 8 pounds.
It looks like a very good 4 poundered to me, a big fish for the pounds. You have to realize some fisherman are great story tellers when it comes to the size of their fish and how much they weight. I had a guy post a picture of a carp that weighed 5 pounds max on my site once and he said it was a 12 pound bass
Old 10-21-07, 03:13 AM   #10
WallStreetAmigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles E. White View Post
It looks like a very good 4 poundered to me, a big fish for the pounds. You have to realize some fisherman are great story tellers when it comes to the size of their fish and how much they weight. I had a guy post a picture of a carp that weighed 5 pounds max on my site once and he said it was a 12 pound bass
.....I have to admit that it is quite tempting to use the "new math" way of weighing a fish (take the scale weight and add a few pounds just to be safe.....). After all, you really can't trust those digital scales to give an accurate reading compared to a fisherman's knowledge of how much he THINKS the fish should weigh .

Seriously though, I think I would only be cheating myself if I told everyone a fish was bigger than it really was. A four pound largemouth up here in southeastern BC is a very good size fish. We only have a handful of lakes that can produce that size. The lake that I caught this one at has produced some 8 pound fish over the years, and the biologists seem to think it should have 10 pounders, which is why I keep fishing there....

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.