Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-05, 05:46 PM   #1
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Whats Next?

Temps at our lakes this weekend are 70-73 water surface temps, and ya know the fishing will heat up anytime now for the next 4-6 weeks(guestamation)
So whats everybuddies opinion on what they will hit first...spinnerbait or
crankbait?

I'm thinking crankbaits an hold off with the spinnerbaits till the water murks up a tad or get a real windy day..right now the water is clear as can be...you can see down 10 feet easy.....

Anyone else end their season with these two baits year after year?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-05, 06:32 PM   #2
Rebbasser

Quote:
Anyone else end their season with these two baits year after year?
Benefit of living in the south-the season doesn't end. I do end the warm water period with those baits, then move to a jig-n-pig and suspending jerkbait.

Last edited by Rebbasser; 10-03-05 at 11:37 PM.
Rebbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-05, 06:37 PM   #3
KH.
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

they are startin to bite the spinner here,the lake i fished yesterday for only two hours probbally a visibility of 3 feet and theres not one spot on the bottom without thick,thick grass.there was a lot of submerged trees from h.katrina so i decided to start there.i was throwin a excalibur pop-n-image and nothin was hittin it.so i threw a buzzbait pass a tree and a 3 pound bass smacked it,got him back in the boat and threw him back.for about an hour later,nothin was bitng,so decided to go back to my place,but when i was close to the boat dock i started to troll slowly,i didnt get a bite.but the i saw a log and threw a strike king red eye spinnerbait and landed a 6 pound bass.
i stayed there for an othe 30 minutes and 2 little one punders.they are starting to hit the spinner but i usually use crankbaits when the fish start moving shallow.but not in that lake though,you get hung up in that grass and get it off

kevin
Old 10-03-05, 10:45 PM   #4
lizardsrule

If they are shallower, than a Manns -1 in Grey ghost, if deeper then a midrange crank, your choice as long as it is a shad color LOL. I will use the spinners for the weedier areas, but the crank is my first choice after a Buzzbait of course. I do use a fluke a heck of a lot also this time of year, actuall a Fin-S Fish found at http://www.lunkercity.com in Alewife color especially when the water temps go way down into the 30's and 40's. But as long as the water isn't hard, I'll be fishing.

Lizards
Old 10-06-05, 05:54 PM   #5
Fishie

I would go with a topwater in a shad pattern or a crankbait in a shad pattern and powerfish or at least try to. If that doesn't work which it should try some dropshotting with a watermellon worm. Don't count out swimming spiderjigs along weedlines. I like this technique this time of the year also. Its also a given this time of the year to start chunking a rattle trap or other shad bait. I was getting good fish two weeks ago even so they have to be cooking now on it.
Old 10-06-05, 09:31 PM   #6
Unregistered

Default zook

end the year?? who ends the year ? oh i forgot them of you who spend the better part of your saturday butt deep in snow drifts shovlin...

i switch from shad raps or rat l traps to a suspending jerk bait -xrap-
i normally use a blade all winter i change the bait it self to a hammering hare blade bait. the real bunny fur moves a ton better in cold water than rubber or sillicon skirts. i also put up 90% of my soft plastic baits and pull out the long handle jigging rod using a dardevil spoon,a lure jensen jigging spoon, a daimond shoal jigging spoon.

i use these when the water is under 40 degrees..

zooker
Old 10-06-05, 10:59 PM   #7
Bass_fishing_girl

Send a message via Yahoo to Bass_fishing_girl

I don't ever leave without a few spinnerbaits, on any fishing trip!!

Sandra

Give us this day our daily limit :D
Bass_fishing_girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.