Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-06, 02:52 PM   #1
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default 17 mile reef report

Details of the weekend are as follows:
With the added 265 lbs on my boat, it would not get up on plane. Yep Sat. the seas at CBBT where so tall that I could not get the boat over the top. We took some big waves over the front and got soaked in salt. Retreated back to calm water. But we managed a twelve flounder catch. 11 of them where at the ships waitng for the wind to die down. First ship on left was smokin hot on incoming tide. About noon we had acceptible seas and ran to high rise. Jigged up one flounder and ran around looking for trout but found none. Anchored up and proceeded to look for Mr Brownsuit with big chunks of bunker. The rays ate it up with 14 total. Had one southern ray and the rest cow nosed. And one clearnosed. Packed it in after we saw a ray leap many feet from the water and try to fly several times. COOL as s**t..
Next morning was calm and we ran out at to high rise at 40 mph. The issue with the boat on plane was too much fuel in the bladder tank. But by Sunday we had burnt off 1/4 tank and she popped up and flew. Fished pilling 282 at got about 8 good flounder. Drifted the bay side at 282 and got four more big flatties.

Ok guys line up for the photo...

The wildest thing happen on one of our drifts. A giant sea turtle came up about six feet from the boat and snapped his jaw shut and splashed the entire crew. Big mouth on that turtle too. SNAP SPLASH left the two guys on board saying WTF was that. I saw it they did not and just got wet..
Capt Mike
Old 07-31-06, 05:17 PM   #2
Christopherkeene9

Nice flatties there, Our run doesn't start till about Thanksgiving for the Big 10lbers.
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-06, 01:05 PM   #3
flbassman

Nice flounders. Y'all ever gig 'em up there?
Old 08-01-06, 01:08 PM   #4
mack
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

new jersey fluke fishing has sucked latley...too many shorts...i caught around 30 or so fluke without catching a keeper..i was a quarter of an inch short of the minimum 16 1/2...good job...
mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-06, 01:06 PM   #5
3dkicker

Spent the weekend and a couple days up on Cape Cod. Went out wading one evening at one of the inlets for blues and striper and ended up catching a keeper flounder. Locals were catching a bunch of scup (???). No blues or stripers. Grilled up the flat fish the following evening. Yum! Sorry no photo yet, I've got a photo coming. About the same size as Capt's smaller ones.

Capt - have you been on the river???? Give us an update if you have one! I'll post what I do this weekend on Monday.

Last edited by 3dkicker; 08-03-06 at 05:21 PM.
3dkicker is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.