Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-13, 07:41 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Smile got some good news folks

ok gang, it seems like i have a new job FINALLY lined up. wait..let me cllarify this.....

i am in the PROCESS of getting a new job. there are tests and such i have to pass in order to actually LAND the job.

this is with a rail road repair/replace company. the crew goes out for 22-23 days straight, then home for a week. that in itself is going to be hard to do. BUT the pay is good, and some other benifits are AWESUM! fantastic health insurance. so i am pretty excited and yet worried at the same time, lol.

i have never gone out of town to work ever in my life. but times are hard and this is what i am going to have to do. this is NOT the welders helper job. that is still pending as of now, and pays DOUBLE what this job pays. but hey, this is the job offered and the pay is a LOT better than what i WAS making. so i am gonna give it my best shot.

so i am asking for you all to continue to pray for me as i go down this road. i won't be on here as much as usual, BUT I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU!!

here is the way it works. we go out for 22-23 days, repair and replace tracks on railroads. they cover tracks from MIAMI TO NEW ORLEANS and up to CHICAGO to upper new york. and all points in between. the pay for my room, so much per diem and we work 60-70 hrs a week. time and a half over 40 of course. so the money will be EXTRA nice. then we go home for a week. so, out 3 weeks, home a week. like bubba bruiser does. so i am gonna be looking for YOU bubba to help me out when away form home.

and i am also in need of some CLOTHING advice. i need all my northern brethern and sistas to help me get the BEST, MOST DURABLE, WATER PROOF WORK COVERALLS there is. i will need ot get some if not the WARMEST thermal underwear and boots (steel toed, slip resistant,waterproof, insulated,oil resistant) on the market. pants and shirts i got covered. but if i am gonna be up in CANADA next month...i want to be WARM when i go outside.oh yeah, the BEST thermal WORK GLOVES too.

i will add some questions as we go through this thread. right now my head is spinning form the TESTS i had to take online, hahahaha!

already thinkng i am gonna have to get a camper shell for the Z-71 and some tires chains.change out the antifreeze and such too.hope the ol girl gets me through till i can afford ANOTHER truck JSUT for traveling. i wanna keep this ol truck hooked up the CAJUN, hahahaha!

so PLEASE....give me some GREAT ADVICE. and remember...HTIS IS FOR WORKING IN BAD WEATHER, RAINING WEATHER, AND IT IS MESSY WORK. so i need DURABLE work clothing.

thanks gang. i KNOW i can depend on my fellow fishermen for this advice. oyu have NEVER let me down yet.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.